• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JarHead1371
    Unwashed
    • May 2020

Hello from Seattle

Hey, Thanks for letting me into the in crowd. I bought a CZ 527 American 6.5 GRENDEL from a guy in PA, do to covid I still have not been allowed to pick it up from the ffl yet, sigh. Im a former 1371 60 gunner Marine, retired contractor from OEF/OIF 1/2. Trying to the the heck out of Seattle now that im retired. I can not wait to chat with fellow Grendelers about all things 6.5. I will be going for whitetail in MO this fall and mule's in Montana, and pronghorn in southern Alberta next year. Will need to work up loads for elk..that's bout it, love coffee and shooting my Mosin, was a huge fan of the 300 win mag, but shoulder issues have forced me to give up the big bores, thinking about a 270 win at some point.
    SEMPER GUMBY:cool
  • just_john
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, jh1371, from the great nation of Texas. Thank you for your service! I think you will find that the 270 has the same effect on your shoulders as the 300 wm does. There are 6.5 derivatives that can be just as effective and a lot more pleasant to play with.

Comment

• FLshooter
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2019

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir.

Love my CZ 527 varmint grendel. 129 ablr if your barrel likes it over h4895 powder and a cci450 primer should be all the bullet you would need for hunting.

I have a bad shoulder as well and I can shoot my CZ all day with no pain.

Comment

• CJW
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2019

We welcome all Combat Engineers to the vile, uncouth horde....

You are a great American 1371

Comment

• JarHead1371
              Unwashed
              • May 2020

Thanks for the welcome and hope you all are staying safe during these repressive times..1.. you are more than likely right about the 270 win in terms of recoil,was also looking at a .243 wssm( for elk) made by olyarms here in WA state ( AR platform).2 yes I have also read that the set trigger needs to be worked on, im a long time Timney guy, and on my Ruger NO 1 300 winmag that i just sold it had a Jard on it, like butter, also heard that the bolt can be a bit rough, but over time it gets worked out. AHHH what optic, im more confused now than ever, I was going to put a Shepard Scope on her, but I think the company has gone under or at least the websites are all dark ( 5 days now) not a good sign, you can still buy some of them through 3rd partys but, for me no way. The rifle is coming with a Vortex Crossfire 2 - 7 x 32, not really very good i guess ok out to 100 yards or so but meh. So all you grendel guys can steer me into the right path, im going to link a few in here and you guys have a look and tell me what you think.... thanks..I can wait to start reloading for it, I bought a ton of plinking ammo and 1000 emplty brass from Peterson`s kind of shocked to find out that its a bit pricey , but whatever..and just FYI you dont have to thank me for my service , all the young girls at Subic did that for you lololol....ok on to scopes...let me know what you guys think, have also heard that the CZ 527 has a bit of tight bolt handle issues because its a modified Mauser 98 action???? yes no....

ok thats it I know what no Voretex`s, but I have in the past have had a lot of troubles with them, but on the plus side they have always fixed the probs right away, but still....ok i guess ill go have a nap...carry on....cheers Robert
              SEMPER GUMBY:cool

Comment

• peak98
                Warrior
                • Dec 2019

Welcome from down da bayou, and thank you for your service to our great country.
                peak98

Comment

Working...
                X