• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iamnitrox
    Unwashed
    • Jun 2020

Greetings from Central Texas

Howdy!

I'm a 1st time AR15 owner. Second upper I've ever bought is a BCA upper with the 24" stainless barrel. I built a nice lower, so I thought I'd start adding some cool uppers to diversify the use of the lower.

I chose 6.5G because a cousin of mine loves his and says it's a good hunting round for Texas critters like deer and hog. I wanted to go with something that was either a 6.8SPC or a 6.5G. I'm hoping that my journey will pay off.

I've already been struggling with the BCA upper, and am waiting to take it out for its first time since being back from the factory for warranty work. *knock on wood*.

Glad to be here.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir.

Comment

• FLshooter
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2019

Comment

• Lemonaid
        Warrior
        • Feb 2019

I think this is a pretty good test to see if you need a new/different barrel. If it won't shoot sub moa with a Sierra 120MK load, swap the barrel before investing in a lot of time/money in test components.

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum iamnitrox!

Comment

• CJW
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2019

Nice to have you with us.

Comment

• just_john
              Chieftain
              • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, ian, from another loyal Texian! You are off to an interesting start, you made the better choice. From your statement, you've had issues with your BCA, describe please.

Comment

• empTshell
                Bloodstained
                • Sep 2018

I can tell you from experience that the 6.5 Grendel works well on hogs and coyotes. Still have not taken a deer with it yet but plan on trying again this coming season. My friend has taken 3 deer with his at his ranch.

Comment

Working...
                X