• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Narcosis
    Unwashed
    • Jun 2020

Yet another GA member

Marietta, GA

I've had a Wilson Combat lower sitting in my safe for about two years and finally ordered a 6.5G Super Sniper 22" upper yesterday. Took a long time to decide what caliber I wanted since this is my first AR and what I wanted to do with the rifle. Planning to do competitions, although I'm going to need some help figuring out what classes I can actually shoot in with a non-standard caliber service rifle platform. If I don't qualify for anything I'm fine punching paper for fun. I reloaded when I was teenager, but don't remember much. Looking forward to getting back into it and will be asking lots of questions about what to buy, but I am partial to RCBS because of nostalgia. I also shoot 9mm, .45ACP, 5.56 and 7.62x39.

Right now I'm researching optics (likely Athlon Cronus BTR), stocks (likely Magpul PRS) and bipods to finish out the build.

Hoping to join Riverbend Gun Club in North GA so I have a facility to shoot some distance, and I have a friend with a field/range in South GA with a 850 yard lane.

Other interest: Mountain biking, fly fishing, hot rods (having a 57 Chevy Wagon built now, although I did buy it for my wife...but it has my drive train in it!)
  • Popeye212
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2018

Welcome from the Republic of Texas. Reloading will come back to you like riding a bicycle.

Comment

• BCG
      Bloodstained
      • May 2020

Welcome from Missouri

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Narcosis!

Comment

• FLshooter
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2019

Comment

• just_john
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, Ns, from the great nation of Texas! You are off to a great start! The decision for the Grendel was well executed! I have 4 of the Athlons and love 'em - all FFP mil-dot's. For the money, can't eat 'em. And folks are doing awesome things with 'em.
            OHHH! My '57, had a 2-dr sedan, punched out 283, FI-ed heads and manifolds from a 'Vette. Never knew the top speed but it was well passed the speedo. Scary to drive in the rain, however - with the 12" slicks on the back.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir.

Comment

Working...
              X