• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KZero
    Bloodstained
    • Jun 2020

Hello from Western NC

Hi all, been lurking a bit, trying to learn more about the 6.5G. Have gotten a lot of useful information here, and a lot of parts on the way for my first trip down the Grendel rabbit hole.
    Looking forward to learning and sharing more as time goes on. Thanks for such a great place!
    Kenny
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir.

Comment

• KZero
      Bloodstained
      • Jun 2020

Thank you much.
      Kenny

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum KZero!

Comment

• KZero
          Bloodstained
          • Jun 2020

Thank you Vascar2! Glad to be here
          Kenny

Comment

• FLshooter
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2019

Comment

• just_john
              Chieftain
              • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, K0, from the great nation of Texas! Tell us of your goals and yoru grocery list.

Comment

• KZero
                Bloodstained
                • Jun 2020

Originally posted by just_john View Post
                Welcome to the clan, K0, from the great nation of Texas! Tell us of your goals and yoru grocery list.
                Thanks gents, I appreciate it.

As for my goals with this build, it's basically so I can have a nice accurate rifle. Also to have one of the easy-to-be-accurate chamberings.
                This will give me a chance to do some accuracy-oriented load development, as most of my reloading to this point has been range ammo for handguns.
                I already have one AR geared toward accuracy (5.56-chambered Black Hole barrel) that I have got started with, but the allure to get into another cool caliber was too much to resist.
                The hard part is finding a place to shoot; I'm working on finding someone that will let me shoot on their land. Otherwise, it's a long drive out to a place in the middle of the state. Some day, I may take both of them out west some place to shoot prairie dogs, I think that'd be fun.

I'm starting out with just enough parts to change one of my 5.56 AR's; if it looks like something I can pursue more long-term, I'll build it up with its own receiver set.
                So far, I have a Criterion 18" rifle-gassed barrel, JP enhanced bolt, and VG6 Gamma break. One CPD and one ASC mag should be on their way any time now, and also got a couple of the Amend2 on order; we'll see how that works out.
                I also picked up 100 pieces of bagged Hornady brass, 100 each of Hornady 123 ELD Match and 120 Sierra Match Kings. I already have a couple powders I can start with, and a load of CCI 400 primers. Next time I'm on the other end of the county, I want to look for TAC or Power Pro Varmint, and some 450s or BR41.

Wow, I didn't mean to write a book
                Thanks again for the welcome!
                Kenny

Comment

• just_john
                  Chieftain
                  • Sep 2012

We welcome books, means your thinking. If we can help you spend your money, please allow us that opportunity. Your off to a good start, but... You may have read how Grendels are prolific breeders so be giving thought to building a bigger nursery for 'em.

Comment

• KZero
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jun 2020

Originally posted by just_john View Post
                    We welcome books, means your thinking. If we can help you spend your money, please allow us that opportunity. Your off to a good start, but... You may have read how Grendels are prolific breeders so be giving thought to building a bigger nursery for 'em.

I'll have to stop spending money on them first!
                    Kenny

Comment

Working...
                    X