• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RowsyFlyer1903
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2021

Newbie Grendel lover from Texas

Howdy from Aggieland Texas. I fell in love with the Grendel after realizing the 556/223 was not going to slap the pigs hard enough. I had already ventured into reloading as a matter of survival having acquired my now beloved 45/70. Ouch! The cost per round was is a bit high. As a result, I was not fearful of the Grendel cartridge being expensive or unavailable. I simply bought the components and begin the wonderful addictive life of the reloader. It seems I still need a few more items as I learn. I converted my AR with a 24 inch upper which is heavy enough to pair it with a walking stick gun monopod rest. I wish it was lighter but it is what it is. At the moment I have only loaded with Benchmark, 120g Hornady and the combination seems to perform better than my skill set as a shooter. Wolf is all over the place with my set up. My reloads performance matches or is slightly better than the Hornady factory loads of 123 grain. I drain YouTube nightly in search of Grendel shooter experiences shared there. You learn from others experiences this is why I am here. Reloading to me is a wonderful cerebral challenge. Too many thing in my life allow me to take my efforts to the level of those who have taken the time to polish their skills plus the extra effort required to contribute to this forum. I am excited and grateful to be among you. Expect a lot of questions from me.
  • sundowner
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2017

Welcome to the horde from Wisconsin .

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum RowsyFlyer1903!

Comment

• grendelnubi
        Warrior
        • Apr 2017

Welcome I'm about 50 miles from you. Maybe sometime we can get together. I would like to see how some of my pet loads shoot for you.

My youngest daughter lives in Bryan so I do make some trips your way.

Comment

• RowsyFlyer1903
          Unwashed
          • Mar 2021

Originally posted by grendelnubi View Post
          Welcome I'm about 50 miles from you. Maybe sometime we can get together. I would like to see how some of my pet loads shoot for you.

My youngest daughter lives in Bryan so I do make some trips your way.

Comment

• RowsyFlyer1903
            Unwashed
            • Mar 2021

I have to admit to all of you that I experienced an uncorrected typo on my user name. Instead of RowsyFlyer1903 it should be RowdyFlyer1903 in honor of the Wright Brothers historic flight of that same year. Maybe Rowsy Is fitting. I did prang one years ago and walked away from it. It did create a mighty scrapping sound and a silence which screamed in my ears after it stopped. No smoke no fire. No body parts missing.

Comment

• Wellbornpapa
              Bloodstained
              • Jun 2019

Welcome RowsyFlyer1903 from another member of the horde from Aggieland.

Comment

• just_john
                Chieftain
                • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, RF3, from another loyal Texian! For reloading, if you haven't already done so, pick up copies of Vol's 1 and 2 of the Grendel Handbook. They are a wealth of info! Tell us about your builds, perhaps a pix or 2. Where do you go pigslappin'? Got my last one down by Groesbeck, not far from Aggieville.

Comment

• Inspector 12
                  Bloodstained
                  • Mar 2021

Welcome from the great northwest. Hope you enjoy your time on the forum. I've only been here a short while but there is a lot of good information and some good people.

Comment

• HoustonHipster6.5
                    Bloodstained
                    • Feb 2021

Welcome! I am in Houston, and in the city, we don't have as many hogs to practice on. I am willing to come and help shoot your hogs in Aggieland. I run an 18-inch 6.5G for that purpose.

Comment

Working...
                    X