• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bjorn
    Bloodstained
    • Apr 2021

Hello All.

New member from Texas. Attempting a post to see if the account is activated.

Thought I would try here first before I start asking questions about thermal scopes.

Edit:

It's working, and I just notice that I am unwashed. I tried to pick a name in keeping with the Grendel Horde. I'm a Baylor Bear from way back. Accordingly, Bjorn (Bear) seemed appropriate for this forum.
    Last edited by Bjorn; 04-14-2021, 04:15 PM.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Bjorn! There are a lot of members on the forum from Texas and several members have quite a bit of experience with thermal and night vision.

Comment

• just_john
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, B, from another loyal Texian! What part of this great state are you in? There are a lot of us scattered all around. Tell us of your goals and your grocery list.

Comment

• Bjorn
        Bloodstained
        • Apr 2021

Originally posted by just_john View Post
        Welcome to the clan, B, from another loyal Texian! What part of this great state are you in? There are a lot of us scattered all around. Tell us of your goals and your grocery list.
        I grew up in a small town up in the Panhandle, but I came to Dallas for work long ago.

Goals? Primarily pig and predator hunting at night. I would really like to venture off into a thermal sight and do some night hunting. That is the primary purpose for my new Grendel. Why Grendel? Same as many here I suppose. An Ar-15 seems a little light for the hunting I want to do, and I don't want to lug around an AR-10. Grendel seems to be the perfect upgrade to 5.56.

If grocery list is my build, the Horde is going to very bored with my choice. I purchased a complete rifle from Alexander. Building rifles is just not my thing, . . . yet. Regarding thermal scopes, I am looking at the Pulsar Thermion and the ATN Thor. Those are the leading candidates with a price that I can at least choke down. Aimpoint is way too high.

No one has any Grendel ammunition. I bought some off GunBroker back in January when I first ordered my Grendel. I am too embarrassed to say what I paid. That stuff is more like a treasured coin collection. There will be very little plinking/fun or target shooting with what I have. I ordered reloading dies from Alexander as well, which should give everyone here a good laugh. I was trying to be optimistic. At least with some realism, I have not even tried finding bullets or primers.

I read a story in the last day or two that Remington ammunition is back on line. At least that is good news.

Comment

• sundowner
          Chieftain
          • Nov 2017

Welcome to the horde from Wisconsin .

Comment

• just_john
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2012

There are a great many of us in and around the Dallas area, central Collin Cty on this side. I got transferred to Dallas back in the '60's and came kickin' and screaming "NO! Not here, not me!" But, I've stayed. Was passing thru Sherman yesterday and stopped at Blackbeards. They had a number of boxes of Grendelfodder.

Comment

Working...
            X