• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IronWapiti
    Unwashed
    • May 2021

Greetings Gentlemen and Gentleladies

Howdy from northwestern Colorado. Been kicking around the idea of getting a 6.5 Gren. for a couple of years. Finally bit the bullet & purchased an upper from Sanders Arms. After ordering the upper I cracked open an adult malted beverage, sat back and thought " You idiot! you have no brass, only about 500 6.5 bullets less than 140 gr. and no dies, I do have a fair assortment of powder. Welp, I called in a few favors, stood on my head,and cajoled some old contacts and came up with dies, a nice supply of brass, and a goodly supply of 123 gr. lapua scenars. Long story short I received the upper on friday. Had dies on hand & a few pieces of starline brass so threw a load together. Had a cheap Nikon 3x9 & rings in the parts box so threw it on the rifle & headed out to see what it'd do. Was very pleasantly surprised. got in 5 3 shot groups with winds gusting 10-25 mph from 8 o'clock they averaged right at 1 moa. largest was 1.33" smallest .80. Largest was my fault I dropped the third shot low at 4 o'clock. Needless to say better optics, a bipod & other sundry accoutrements are on the way. I hope you'll all have patience with questions to the forum in the future as there will be many.

Regards
  • jasper2408
    Warrior
    • Jan 2019

Be very careful IronWapiti, the Grendels are addictive and have a bad habit of multiplying on you.

Welcome to the forums.

Comment

• sundowner
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2017

Welcome to the horde from Wisconsin , I have a 18" Sanders barreled upper and love it .

Comment

• just_john
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, IW, from the great nation of Texas! Ask away, we all did at one time or another.

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Iron Wapiti!

Comment

• kmon
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2015

Welcome to the Horde, Lots of good helpful members here

Comment

• Bjorn
              Bloodstained
              • Apr 2021

Originally posted by jasper2408 View Post
              Grendels . . . have a bad habit of multiplying on you.
              Grendels breed?

Welcome to the forum IronElk.

Comment

• IronWapiti
                Unwashed
                • May 2021

Thanks for the welcome Gents. Am really looking forward to getting to know this little cartridge. Lord knows I love the 6.5x55 & .264 win. Better optics & mount arrived today, got em mounted so looking forward to this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                X