• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FiveOaks
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2021

Nebraska checking in

Howdy fellas, I am from Eastern Nebraska and I enjoy building and shooting Kalashnikov pattern firearms. Several months back I started collecting the parts for a 6.5 Grendel AK to take advantage of the cheap Wolf steel case. Unfortunately with the ban on Russian ammo my dreams of a cheap shooting 6.5G AK were dashed but I won't that dissuade me. I am in the process of getting the equipment together to reload ammunition, and hope to work up a cheap(er) load using Speer 90 gr TNT. I am 10 weeks into a 12 week wait on my 80% receiver from Childers and then I will get her pressed together.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the Forum FiveOaks! Are using the larger Vepr receiver or a stamped AK receiver? Have you decided which magazines your going to use?

Comment

• FiveOaks
      Unwashed
      • Sep 2021

I am using a stamped 1mm receiver. I have purchased a few of the CSSpecs mags and decided to go that way instead of an AR mag adapter. They are very high quality mags I am impressed with them.

Comment

• sundowner
        Chieftain
        • Nov 2017

Welcome to the horde from Wisconsin .

Comment

• Brunt The Grunt
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2020

hey five oaks I'm in Omaha and have been using a 1.5 mm yugo receiver with Csspsecs mags and it's been great.

Comment

• just_john
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, 5-O, from the great nation of Texas. You have an interesting project. Please keep us informed as you progress thru it.

Comment

• ETEX HUNTER
              Bloodstained
              • Aug 2020

welcome

Comment

• burnsy13
                Bloodstained
                • Sep 2017

Nebraskan here as well, I'd love to see how your AK turns out

Comment

Working...