• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stonehog
    Warrior
    • Oct 2021

Hello from WA

I picked up a PSA 20" stainless upper and have started my Grendel journey with what little ammo and components that are currently available. Pretty happy with the rifle so far and I'm already planning my next build - possibly a 12" or 16" lightweight.

The PSA shoots Hornady ELDM 123gr and Fed American Eagle 90gr TNT at MOA or a bit under. The 123 Hornady SST factory stuff not so much.

I have started reloading with limited brass (factory once-fired fed and hornady) and have a few good paths with the Hornady 123gr SST bullets, but for this year's hunting (Mule Deer, Bear) I may just stick with the ELD-Ms for now as they are consistent feeders and shoot well. Curious if others have found these to open up on game? I saw the MAC video on the axis buck, so it seems like it.

Anyway - thanks for the info here. I have already learned a lot!
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Could we try and gather some data from our Grendel performance in game? Please keep it short for ease of orientation. BULLET WHAT ANIMAL SHOT APPR DISTANCE SHOT WHERE IN THE BODY IT WAS SHOT DISTANCE TRAVELLED AFTER SHOT M/YDS Here's a summary from post #35

Link to Carpe Analysus channel

Link to Carpe Sus channel

Last edited by VASCAR2; 10-11-2021, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• sundowner
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2017

Welcome to the horde from Wisconsin ,My PSA 20" is 2 years old and shoots 123 SST are submo with reloads ,you should really like your 20" PSA .

Comment

• just_john
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, Sh, from the great nation of Texas! The good news is that ammo is starting to show back up on retail shelves. Please keep in mind that, unless you keep that grendel very busy, there will soon be more of 'em.

Comment

Working...
        X