PSA Lower
    Anderson Upper
    LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger
    Radians Charge Handle
    MFT BMSMIL Stock
    PF Criterion 20" SS 1-8 twist
    PF Phalanx Carrier Group with bolt
    Odin Works 15.5" Ragna Forend
    For right now CT 3-12x42 scope (these seem to be built by the same company as the discontinued Nikons)
    A number of other odds and ends

IMG-3575.png

Looking forward to continuing to learn from this group as well as, I am sure, additional future builds.

TV
  • Old Bob
    Warrior
    • Oct 2019

Welcome to the horde Tvaughn. Nice rifle you got there. With the barrel you have, your FIL's help & some diligent range work, you oughta be able find a laser load for it. Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
    I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• peak98
      Warrior
      • Dec 2019

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Tvaughn!

Comment

• Tvaughn
          Unwashed
          • Jan 2022

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am at 210 rounds through the gun. Last night I shot at an underlit indoor range, 100M, with 1.2" -1.3" groupings for the 3 loads I spoke about earlier.
          I have to admit that I probably have less than 800 rifle rounds total outside of a Ruger 10/22. So, the rifle is doing a lot of the work, I am attempting to build consistency to improve accuracy. In March, I will be traveling back to FIL for load development and farm range time.

tv

Comment

• sundowner
            Chieftain
            • Nov 2017

Welcome to the horde from Wisconsin .

Comment

• just_john
              Chieftain
              • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, Tv, from the great nation of Texas! Nice looking build, good grocery list. Should be a shooter. Some Anderson uppers are at near max inside diameter where the barrel mounts to it. When you assembled, how much play ( wobble ) did you have before snugging up the barrel nut? Did you have access to the "tool" to true that mating surface and did you use lock-tite or something similar to secure the barrel? Can make an incredible difference!

Comment

• Tvaughn
                Unwashed
                • Jan 2022

I didn't think there was a lot of play but its not like I have a ton of experience. I didn't have to force it in but it also wasn't wobbling. I did not have access to a tool for truing the mating surface and I did use a small bit of the blue loctite. This has me thinking a bit though.

Thanks

tv

Comment

• just_john
                  Chieftain
                  • Sep 2012

When ever possible, I've gone to BCM and their "scratch and dent sale" for uppers. THey are a good, tight fit. On some, I've had to freeze the barrel and heat the receiver ( carefully !!! ) to get them together. BUT, when everything returns to room temp, it is a SOLID lockup. Some, I could just get started and then used the barrelt nut to pull 'em on in. Still, a very tight fit. Also, I have not yet seen a BCM upper receiver that needed to be trued, but i"ve not seen any other supplier that wasn't a little off. If you can find it, there was an article in G&A by Patrick Sweeney about accurizing AR's and he states that he was amazed at the difference truing up a receiver made. Note, this only applies to forged receivers, billet will start off good ( just not as strong ).

Comment

• Tvaughn
                    Unwashed
                    • Jan 2022

Thanks for the info. People seem to really like BCM as they are out of stock. I'll look for the article to learn a bit more.

tv

Comment

• XaqFixx
                      Unwashed
                      • Feb 2022

Howdy from another new member in NC.

Comment

Working...
                      X