• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yoga_Ukraine_65G_22-250
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2022

Good day to all from Mount Airy, NC

Just stopping by to say hello to all the members. I found this group while searching for information on BCG's for a new build project, and I was amazed at the wealth of information here. I hope to contribute to the growth of the forum, and will share my experience with this caliber we all enjoy. Have a great day everyone.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Y_U_65G_22-250!

Comment

• sundowner
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2017

Welcome to the horde from Wisconsin .

Comment

Unwashed
        • Nov 2022

Thanks!

Comment

Unwashed
          • Nov 2022

Thank you! Looks like a great group! Have a great day!

Comment

• CJW
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2019

Welcome Yoga from Georgia.

Chuck

Comment

• just_john
              Chieftain
              • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, Y250, from the great nation of Texas! Tell us of your goals.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard.
                NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Unwashed
                  • Nov 2022

Originally posted by just_john View Post
                  Welcome to the clan, Y250, from the great nation of Texas! Tell us of your goals.
                  Hi! My goals for joining up on this site is to contribute some personal information that may help others in their custom build projects. I've been into firearms since I was a kid. I'm soon to be 49 next month, and for the past year I've really gotten into the custom aspects of the AR-15/AR-10 platforms. My first build was a .22-250 AR-10. I am totally fascinated with the odd and not-so-popular calibers. I'm also fascinated with velocity and power. The .22-250 is one of the fastest rounds available to civilians, and it has become my favorite of all calibers to practice @ 500 yards. I would love to share all the brands and pieces and the why's and why-not's of the different parts I chose, but this forum is very specific to the 6.5 Grendell, and I don't want to stray. My goal was to go ahead and start detailing my second build project, but COVID hit me this week, and I'm on day 5 of a pretty rotten path lol But, I may start very soon. It was hard to sit idle while accumulating all the pieces (I still have quite a bit to go) and not start some of the easier assembly (misc lower parts). So, I have a few things I would like to share. I see a lot of questions in forums I've been researching where people will ask why a person chose a particular part. So, this is my primary goal to achieve here, to explain my own reasons for it...and, shed some light on all my choices before buying. All the gals and guys here that have experience with the 6.5G are really fueling my interest, and I'm very happy I have found this group. I've noticed that my first build has some items that appear to be quite unique and not commonly seen amongst builders, so it's exciting to think about sharing some possible new info. Thanks! Have a great weekend.

Comment

Unwashed
                    • Nov 2022

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                    Welcome aboard.
                    Thank you very much!

Comment

Unwashed
                      • Nov 2022

Originally posted by CJW View Post
                      Welcome Yoga from Georgia.

Chuck
                      Thank you! I lived 12 years in Savannah, GA right on the outskirts of Tybee Island, so yay its great to see a Georgian!

Comment

Working...
                      X