• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wanheda
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2023

New Cheese-head

Just joined the horde, but been lurking off and on for several months. Been looking over the reloading forum(s) and looking forward to giving it a try.
  • just_john
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, Wh, from the great nation of Texas! TEll us a bit about what you have and your goals!

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Wanheda!

Comment

• Wanheda
        Unwashed
        • Sep 2023

My primary use of firearms is for hunting. Always was a 30-cal guy, just like my dad. Decided to try that 'other' 6.5 and I like it. Frankly I don't need another hunting rifle. But one of the grand-daughters is making inquiries about joining us at deer camp. Her dad wants to put her behind a lever action .357. I said sumpthin like 'grampa will provide'. She is just a little slip of a girl so I wanted a light weight, low recoil carbine. Bought an 18' PSA upper figuring that: A) This would be just about right for her, and B) if she decided not to hunt then grampa had a new range toy or a handy woods carbine. Winners all around. And who knows, if I like the 6.5g well enough, that other 6.5 might need a new home.
        BTW I still have the.30s. Dad had a 30-06 Rem 74 Sportsman I inherited and it has matched well with my Win94. Lots of memories and those won't be moving on.

Comment

• just_john
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2012

You and grand-daughter will both be winners with the Grrrrr. I built one for each of my grandsons and they love 'em. And I still have several of 'em for myself.

Comment

• sundowner
            Chieftain
            • Nov 2017

Welcome to the horde from Wisconsin .

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard!
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
              X