• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KC_Joe
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2023

Kansas City Checking In

Good Morning,

After some discussion with my son, he's decided to deer hunt in the fall of 2024.....seemed like the perfect opportunity to pick up a 6.5 Grendel upper and start some load development . Placed an order, and am currently waiting for everything to arrive. My hope is to get at least 100rnds down the tube before starting to work up a load with Hornady SST bullets, probably over H335 since I have that in hand. Will also plan to spend the spring and summer months at the range practicing.

J
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum KC_Joe, sounds like a good plan.

Comment

• sundowner
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2017

Welcome to the horde from Wisconsin .

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard. What upper did you get?
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• KC_Joe
          Bloodstained
          • Nov 2023

18" PSA. I'm pretty new to the AR-game and have read fairly good reviews on the PSA stuff, seemed like a good option to start with. I have an older DPMS lower that I'll pair it with, and depending on how it goes, might have to look into something that matches, and is a little more fancy.

Comment

• just_john
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, kc_J, from the great nation of Texas! Keep us posted on progress and, as always, pix are appreciated. Is hunting a new "thing" for yor son or is it just using the Grendel to do so?

Comment

• KC_Joe
              Bloodstained
              • Nov 2023

Hunting will be a new thing for him.....he shoots from time to time, and shoots well, but mostly plays video games. Getting him to the range and woods a little will serve him well (I think).....thus far, my huntin' buddy has been his older sister.

Comment

• Idaho-5R
                Unwashed
                • Nov 2023

KC_Joe, From a Brand New Guy here, Welcome!!!! Sounds like it's a Great Deal for you to get your Son into hunting!!!!!! It's a good thing for a family to spend more time together... I'm new here as of this past week.. I'll be looking to get my Grandsons acquainted with my 'new' Grendel...... All that being said, Welcome from the Great State of Idaho!!!!!!!!! Idaho-5R

Comment

• CJW
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2019

Welcome KC.

Comment

Working...
                  X