• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Idaho-5R
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2023

New Guy here from North Central Idaho

Hello Grendel Fans. I've lurked here once in a while, as I've been curious about the 6.5G for quite some time.... Recently, at a local Gunshow, I stumbled upon an Aero Precision AR upper in 6.5G, with BCG. The guy also had a couple of mags, & some Hornady ammo. After cruising around the show for a bit, I talked myself into it!!!!! Another vender had some Wolf 6.5G FMJ ammo, so, I bought some of it. So, now My journey begins!!!!! I'm an avid reloader, so, now I have dies, Starline brass, & some bullets to start experimenting with. I've been reloading for numerous rifle, & some pistol calibers for years. But, the 6.5G is completely new to me. Worst part is, many of my reloading manuals are so old that they don't have 6.5G info in them..... Anyway, I'm excited to start my new adventure with the 6.5G.. I live in a rural area where I can expect to see Coyotes any time. I guess, at this time, besides a bit of target shooting, the main use for the 6.5G will be for lowering the local Coyote population.... I'm sure, I'll be asking questions from the more experienced 6.5g folks here on this site for ammo, & reloading info!!!!! Hope you all don't mind. !!!! Idaho-5R
  • stonehog
    Warrior
    • Oct 2021

Howdy from the less free state of WA. I would suggest looking for some Sierra 105 Blitzkings or any of the 90 or 95 gr bullets, and use the data on this site in the reloading forum cross-checked with online manuals like https://hodgdonreloading.com/?__hstc&__hssc. That will get you started...

Comment

• Idaho-5R
      Unwashed
      • Nov 2023

Stonehog, Thanks for the greetings from a neighboring State!! As a mater of fact, I picked up a box of the Sierra 105 Blitzkings, along with some Hornady 123 ELD-M's, & some Sierra 120 MK's. I've been scanning data here, & Hogdon's site. I'll be sure to cross-check data before loading any ammo. Thanks again!!!! Idaho-5R

Comment

• biodsl
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2011

Welcome. Shooters Pro Shop has Nosler 90 grain Varmageddon blems if you're shopping. Probably perfect for your 'yote problem.

Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Idaho-5R
          Unwashed
          • Nov 2023

biodsl, Thanks for the Welcome, & that info, I'll check them out!!!!! Idaho-5R

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Idaho-5R!

Comment

• sundowner
              Chieftain
              • Nov 2017

Welcome to the horde from Wisconsin .

Comment

• just_john
                Chieftain
                • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, I-R, from the great nation of Texas! You're off to a great start! Hope that there's room in your toy box for more of 'em, the Grendel is extremely addictive. Keep us posted and share some pix as you go.

Comment

• Idaho-5R
                  Unwashed
                  • Nov 2023

Thank You All for the welcome !! I really appreciate it!!! I'm gathering more things to help. Before long I'll be experimenting with handholds in my new Grendel!!!! I'm researching everything I can before I start loading. As previously stated most of my manuals are outdated as far as the 6.5G is concerned. So, I've been reading a lot on here, & checking actual load data from bullet, & powder makers, so I don't do anything STUPID!!!!! Ha Ha Thanks Again fellow Grendel Guys!!!!!! Idaho-5R

Comment

Working...
                  X