• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeteinGermany
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2023

Originally posted by 65Carcano View Post
    Welcome to the forum! How common is 6.5 Grendel in Germany, and what factory loads are available? It's interesting to learn what's common/uncommon in other countries.

thanks for the welcome, 6.5 Grendel has a small but growing following over here, i have built a few on request for customers plus 2 for myself and 1 for my son. Some of the AR manufacturing companies over here also offer uppers or complete rifles and at least one importer is bringing a few rifles in from the USA.

Ammo is available from Hornady, Federal, Sellior & Bellot Privi Partizan,PPU,

Comment

• PeteinGermany
      Unwashed
      • Nov 2023

Well i managed to get my 2000J.

32,5gr of CFE223 pushing 123gr SST is getting me 2527fps /779ms) and that gets me 2005J at 100m. Groups at 1MOA

my rifle likes the Vit N540 though, with 30.0gr im getting 2481 fps and 1930J with 1/2 MOA, but if i drop back to 29.6gr i get 2448 fps (746ms) 1878J and 1/3MOA.

I honestly wonder if a deer can tell the difference or around 130J.

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by PeteinGermany View Post
        Well i managed to get my 2000J.

32,5gr of CFE223 pushing 123gr SST is getting me 2527fps /779ms) and that gets me 2005J at 100m. Groups at 1MOA

my rifle likes the Vit N540 though, with 30.0gr im getting 2481 fps and 1930J with 1/2 MOA, but if i drop back to 29.6gr i get 2448 fps (746ms) 1878J and 1/3MOA.

I honestly wonder if a deer can tell the difference or around 130J.
        Someone need to bring the exploits of W.D.M. Bell to the attention of the hunting licensing authorities in Germany.
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• JASmith
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard Pete!

It looks like you are bringing a wealth of experience and expertise to the forum!

We look forward to seeing interesting discussions with you here.

Many of the folks you converse with also have a wealth of experience and expertise, but from slightly different perspective.

This makes our forum rich indeed.
          shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
          -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• Zinkin
            Unwashed
            • Dec 2022

Welcome to the chaos, you should have no trouble getting that out of an 18 inch and higher barrel. There are a few of us getting 2700 and up fps with Hammer bullets.....

Comment

Working...
            X