• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JLDavid
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2024

New guy from Oregon

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and have already learned a ton just reading threads while I waited for the ability to post. You guys have built so many great rifles. So much great info here on Howas, Grendel based wildcats and reloading. Can't wait to read more.
  • just_john
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, JLD, from the great nation of Texas! Tell us a ittle about your goals and your toys and, maybe, throw in a pix or two.

Comment

• biodsl
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2011

Welcome. Where in Oregon are you located?

This is a great forum. You'll enjoy it here.
      Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• JLDavid
        Unwashed
        • Jan 2024

I am a journeyman lineman from northeast Oregon. I have been building my own rifles for several years. When, God-willing, we get our shop built at home I can move my lathe out there and get the rest of my machines in one spot. I am cramped into a small.room in my basement right now. I have mainly built hunting/long range rifles. So far the 30 Shermans that I have built are shooting really good. 280AIs are my favorite do it all hunting rifles. So far the 3 I have built are shooting great. This will be my first dive into the mini action/Grendel/ARC world. I am so excited as small efficient cases really appeal to me. I have a wildcat reamer print in at JGS right now waiting to hear back from Nathan and Jasmine. I plan to improve the necked down Grendel case and build a bench style rifle to wring out the case. This will be my first time making my own dies and I really look forward to that. So much to learn.

Comment

• JLDavid
          Unwashed
          • Jan 2024

My first Howa mini action should be at my ffl today so I am ready to jump into this rabbit hole. I found some 6ARC cases at abstore in Hermiston so I bought 100 to work on and measure while I speced my reamer. My plan is to focus on the 75-80 grain bullets. Buying a 7 twist Wison barrel. Never cut one so this will be interesting to see how I like them. Ragged Hole Barrels in Reno is my closest stocking retailer. I have been a member of AccurateShooter and Longrangehunting for quite a while. I use the same username so if you need to check my feedback, that is the place to look. I love doing business on the forums. Members helping members is a great thing.

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard! What are you necking down to?
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• sundowner
                Chieftain
                • Nov 2017

Welcome to the horde from Wisconsin .

Comment

• Timitus
                  Bloodstained
                  • Dec 2022

Welcome to the group.

Comment