• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wyrd
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2024

Another hello from Germany

Hi guys,

by sheer coincidence here's another new member from Germany where 6.5 Grendel is still a rare bird. I find it very intriguing for hunting purposes, as it combines the compactness of the AR 15 with the legally required ballistic performance for hunting large game. I have my first Grendel upper on the way and am looking forward to trying it out.
    A few words about myself: My name is Lukas, I am a doctor and spent several years in the German military. Recently left the armed forces and am adjusting again to civilian life I am an avid hunter and enjoy all things outdoor.

I'm excited to be here, have been reading around for a while, there's a lot to learn for me.

Cheers and see you around!
  • sundowner
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2017

Welcome to the horde from Wisconsin .

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Willkommen!

What are the current laws like for AR-15s in Deutchland? It has been a while since I looked.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Wyrd!

Comment

• CJW
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2019

Welcome from Atlanta, Georgia Wyrd.

Chuck

Comment

• Zinkin
            Unwashed
            • Dec 2022

Welcome to what I like to call controlled chaos, looking for that perfect load for the 6.5 Grendel in an AR

Comment

• Wyrd
              Unwashed
              • Jan 2024

Thanks guys!

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
              Willkommen!

What are the current laws like for AR-15s in Deutchland? It has been a while since I looked.
              For hunters (as well as all gun owners over here) the only regulation is magazine capacity. Anything over 10 round is forbidden. So 10 round pmags is the standard. Yeah, don't ask, it's stupid. But there's no limitation on barrel length, caliber, etc. For sport shooters there's also a minimum barrel length of 16".

Comment

• Wyrd
                Unwashed
                • Jan 2024

Originally posted by sundowner View Post
                Welcome to the horde from Wisconsin .
                Wisconsin! I spent 6 months in Sheboygan, Wisconsin years ago as an exchange student. Really enjoyed my time there. Was also my first contact with guns

Comment

• sundowner
                  Chieftain
                  • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Wyrd View Post
                  Wisconsin! I spent 6 months in Sheboygan, Wisconsin years ago as an exchange student. Really enjoyed my time there. Was also my first contact with guns
                  Yes Wyrd Sheboygan is a great place to live , been here in Sheboygan for the last 10 years .

Comment

• just_john
                    Chieftain
                    • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, W, from the great nation of Texas! You have found the source of all knowledge Grendel. What is the more common hunt over there?

Comment

• Wyrd
                      Unwashed
                      • Jan 2024

Most common hunt for deer is stationary from a stand. Blinds and tree stands are rarely used, mostly it's a stationary, permanent stand. Driven hunts are a thing in autumn/winter but for the rest of the year it's hunting from a stand or, depending on the area, stalking. For hogs though many people, including myself, stalk at night using thermals.

Comment

Working...
                      X