• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • duckindoc
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2024

Noob from Arkansas sends greetings

First post, finally made the jump and bought a Grendel upper--closeout LH complete 18" from Stag Arms, minus BCG. Have 4 rounds through it (breaking in/cleaning in the dang cold, yeah I know I know...) and I'm hooked.

Have looked at this forum for a year until I jumped in, have been intrigued by this little cartridge for a few years now. Previously have only hunted deer in ag fields in NE Arkansas using flat shooting bolts, primary being 270 Win and 257 Weatherby. Well finally moved home to NW Arkansas God's country and bought 70 acres out in the mountains and now doing only woods/mountain hunting. My 270 works fine but have been carrying my AR 5.56 hiking the hills due to weight and wanted something more substantial than the 62 grain Fusions to anchor better. (Still haven't shot a deer with a 223/5.56, just don't want to track one far.)

So here I am, 4 rounds in and soaking up every piece of info I can and I'm a believer. Y'all have a great site here with a wealth of information.

Only question I do have for anyone out there is regarding LH parts availability, vendors that offer LH specific products, etc. pertaining specifically to lefty AR-15 platform in 6.5 Grendel. I had to find a left hand BCG and it was a little difficult. Ended up buying one for $140 from Pro2A in Georgia. Fit/finish looks decent and their customer service was great as a small business. Pretty impressed with Precision Firearms offerings after looking at their website--anyone know if they chamber barrels in lefty config?

Have a good night all!
    "The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable..."
    -- H.L. Mencken
  • just_john
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, DD, from your neighbor to the SW. Can't help with the "lefty" stuff - does not apply. Where 'bouts in NW Arky are you? THere is some beautiful country up that way, have many weeks cumulatively from Fayetteville to the NW corner and across the border north. If your close to Berryville, tell Wilson to look at the Grendels.

Comment

• Timitus
      Bloodstained
      • Dec 2022

Welcome to the horde. You will find the Grendel very capable.

Comment

• sundowner
        Chieftain
        • Nov 2017

Welcome to the horde from Wisconsin .

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum duckindoc! Maxim Firearms is the go to source for quality left hand 6.5 Grendel bolts. The web site shows them currently out of stock but might be available at other vendors.

Comment

• duckindoc
            Unwashed
            • Jan 2024

Originally posted by just_john View Post
            Welcome to the clan, DD, from your neighbor to the SW. Can't help with the "lefty" stuff - does not apply. Where 'bouts in NW Arky are you? THere is some beautiful country up that way, have many weeks cumulatively from Fayetteville to the NW corner and across the border north. If your close to Berryville, tell Wilson to look at the Grendels.
            We are SE of Fayetteville about 10 miles, about 50 miles from Berryville. We play them in conference. Not much out there besides Wilson and poultry plants.
            "The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable..."
            -- H.L. Mencken

Comment

Working...
            X