Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clutch5473

Hey folks, new to the site. I am in the process of building another AR and have decided on 6.5 Grendel. Didn't take much really. The 300 BLK has limited applications, as does the 6.8, and since I will be in CO, I wanted something for antelope. Also, ammo prices for the three being relatively equal, I wanted the most capable for the platform.

Hi Clutch - welcome to the forums. My 6.5G was my first AR, and it came down to a decision between it and the 6.8. In the end, I chose the 6.5G based on what I'd read about the round, the ballistics, and talking to a local gunsmith who's been working with ARs for many years. Other than a reloading issue that I'm trying to fix off in another thread, I love it and am happy with it.

Sean

Comment

• Dogue
      Warrior
      • Mar 2011

Welcome to the site...sounds like you made a smart, well-informed decision.
      Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Welcome, I built a 6.5 ,and already had parts ordered for a 300 blk before I was finished. I don't know why but it happens.

Comment

welcome!

Comment

• clutch5473

Thank you , folks. I have had a love affair with the AR platform for quite a while; I will be retiring from the military soon. Next may be something in 6.8, or perhaps a LAR-47.

Comment

Welcome aboard

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                Administrator
                • Feb 2011

Great to have ya, Clutch!

John
                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Welcome. A Grendel AR15 makes a lot of sense for CO, especially at higher altitudes and the opportunity you have for longer ranges. I lived there for 2yrs.

Comment

Working...
                  X