• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cb4017
    Warrior
    • Dec 2016

Hi Fellows. I'm Baack!

Hello Gents,
    About 4 years ago I was wooed away by the 6 ARC, even though I was having great luck with the Grendel and had built several. I played with the ARC for awhile but ultimately lost interest. Even with a quality barrel I could never get it to shoot quite as well as my Grendels could. Got rid of it.
    About a year ago started playing with the .224V. That's been a lesson in frustration. Going to give up on it. Thought about the 22 ARC but can't get excited about it and don't want to be an early adopter.

Last week I was in my loading shed and came across a box of 1K Nosler 123gr CC that I forgot I had. Hmm, what to do?? Sell them or build a Grendel?
    Well, I'm on the hunt for a good quality 18"-20" SAAMI spec 6.5 Grendel barrel. I'm going to the big city box store tomorrow during their sale to pickup Hornady dies, ammo, and whatever else I can find.

Nice to be back.
    Cliff
    USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Nobody is coming. It's up to you.
  • sundowner
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2017

Welcome back to the horde /

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Welcome back!

I always had plans to do a 6mm AR, but then after what I saw from 100gr, 107gr, and 110gr in Grendel, I didn’t see too much of a difference. I know the wind drift is better with the 6mms for sure, by about 10-25% less drift, but it’s really easy for me to connect with the 100-110gr bullets in Grendel. I got some of that new Hornady 100gr ELD-VT box ammo and took it out to 1000yds, starting from 1st-round hits at 700 and 800yds, skipped 900 because it was too easy and grouped it at 1k.

Grendel just needs some updates to the 80-115gr class of bullets with long boat tails and secant ogives maxed out for ogive length I think.

Kind of like what happened with .308 bullets over the past 7 years with ELD-Ms, Bergers, and RDFs vs 6.5 Creedmoor.
      Last edited by LRRPF52; 03-16-2024, 08:43 PM.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome back cb4017. I suggest you look at BFT’s online store, he has really good deals on 6.5 Grendel components. I have an 18” Monster logo with mid length gas system that I really like. BFT is changing the name from 6.5 Outfiiters to Rexus since he is stocking more products.

6.5 Grendel, 6mm ARC, barrels, parts, and more for your next wild adventure

Last edited by VASCAR2; 03-15-2024, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• cb4017
          Warrior
          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
          Welcome back cb4017. I suggest you look at BFT’s online store, he has really good deals on 6.5 Grendel components. I have an 18” Monster logo with mid length gas system that I really like. BFT is changing the name from 6.5 Outfiiters to Rexus since he is stocking more products.

6.5 Grendel, 6mm ARC, barrels, parts, and more for your next wild adventure
          Interesting. I expected to spend a lot more for a barrel. For the price I may have to try one of his barrels.
          Cliff
          USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Comment

• just_john
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2012

Welcome back! We left the lights on for you.

Comment

• cb4017
              Warrior
              • Dec 2016

Thanks Gents.
              Welp! Rexus barrel and bolt ordered. I had planned on spending much more for a barrel but I figured I'd give Rexus a shot, reasoning the forum administrator wouldn't sell junk.
              Also went to the city today and picked up dies, brass and ammo.
              I'll follow up in the appropriate forum when I get to shooting.
              Cliff
              USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Comment

Working...
              X