X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ragedracer1977

I'm in!

Thanks Bwaites!

Here's my first 6.5. It's a 16" BHW in .264 LBC, picked up from another member here.. I'm going to end up painting it all to match the bipod. I just threw a cheap scope on it to function test. It definitely needs taller rings. It's darn hard to get a good cheek weld.

I'm very excited! Will be taking it on my first deer hunt 11/1.

• wilecoyote
    Warrior
    • Jul 2013

Nice rifle, post some pics when you are done with the camo. I want to do mine, but am too nervous to follow through.

Comment

• Hank Rearden
      Warrior
      • Jan 2013

This site should be called Grendel University. Welcome to the Freshman Class.
      Last edited by Hank Rearden; 09-01-2013, 04:48 AM.

Comment

What region of the Country are you in? What optics are you looking at?

Comment

• ragedracer1977

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
          What region of the Country are you in? What optics are you looking at?
          In in the Phoenix, AZ area although most of my hunts will take place in northern AZ. I'm looking for a mil dot scope with first focal plane. I plan on doing long range target shooting as well as hunting. I have a 20" 6.5CSS barrel on order, but this filled my need for now. =) The only thing I'm sort of stuck on right now is magnification. For hunting, a 4-12 or so would be good, but I might want more magnification if I'm going to shoot to 1000.

Comment

• lrgrendel
            Warrior
            • Jul 2013

Welcome.
            Used to live in Glendale AZ. Awesome part of the world.
            I have a 6 x 24 x 50 Vortex PST FFP I took off my 308 and put it on my new Grendel.
            I think it is the best "bang for the buck".
            I shot the 308 to a 1000 with the Vortex and it works great.

Comment

• GeauxShoot

Nice looking.. welcome.. I just got let in too.. was wondering if my background check didn't go so well or what?? haha

Comment

Working...
              X