Happy new member shooting Grendel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy new member shooting Grendel

I got my Grendel this summer. It was about to be delivered to my home in FL while I was away in TN. After wrangling with UPS (our normal brown man was on vacation) about the rural address, I finally rerouted it and brought it home safely. I did not expect to wait so long to shoot it but other things kept coming up. I have finally but a box of Wolf through it and have some clean once fired brass to load up.

Next I came back here and discovered that I was not yet approved. I had been lurking for a long time and had not yet tried to post. So here is the first one. Got approved with help from a mod. YaY! I have a few questions so I will find the right place for them now.

Welcome! Glad you got in and good to have you.

Richard

Comment

Welcome aboard. Do you have the 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook yet? That PPU brass uses Large Rifle Primers, and lasts for about 2-3 loads. It also has a different case capacity than Lapua/AA or Hornady brass.

Comment

Welcome, welcome. Good bunch of guys here willing to answer questions. Enjoy.

Comment

Thanks and Yes

Thanks. Yes I did pick up a copy of that book when I got my die from AA. I knew about the large primers but I did not know about the capacity or lifespan. I have some AA Ammo on had and some Hornady on back order I think. I gather it last's longer. How much capacity difference and which way. I must have missed that part. I have Varget and IMR 4895,4064,4198 Tac and BL-C 2 and was going to look for a good place to start with one of those. I have several manuals and that handbook. Any suggestions are appreciated. I always compare and double check of course.

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
          Welcome aboard. Do you have the 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook yet? That PPU brass uses Large Rifle Primers, and lasts for about 2-3 loads. It also has a different case capacity than Lapua/AA or Hornady brass.

Comment

Working...
          X