New guy from TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy from TX

Hello all. Have been reading the forums now for at least a year. Finally got signed up here and I am happy to be here.
    I am currently putting together my Grendel using an AA 18" ML bbl and bolt. Nothing special, but I hope she shoots!
  • r5329
    Unwashed
    • Aug 2013

welcome to another Texan!

Comment

Welcome. Will you be reloading for it?

Comment

Thanks. Yes I will be reloading in the future. I have a decent supply of Hornady 123 gr AMAX and Wolf Gold MPT for it right now. I also have a whole bunch of once and twice fired brass and a Lee 3 die set I purchased used. I also have a couple of boxes of 95 gr VMax and a box of 123 gr AMAX. I have plenty of primers, just need to get ahold of suitable powders now.
        It seems no one in my area carries VV or Ramshot.

Comment

Do you have the 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook? It's great to have on the bench.

Comment

No, I think I'm waiting for a second edition?

Comment

Originally posted by smittyb View Post
              Hey LR, is there a projected date for this(2nd edition)?

Comment

• lrgrendel
                Warrior
                • Jul 2013

Welcome from Florida!

AA 2520.
                IMR 8208
                Varget (little slow but great for me out to 600 yds with 123 AMAX)
                CFE

THESE ARE SOME OTHER POWDERS YOU MIGHT CONSIDER.
                HAVE FUN

Comment

Originally posted by lrgrendel View Post
                  Welcome from Florida!

AA 2520.
                  IMR 8208
                  Varget (little slow but great for me out to 600 yds with 123 AMAX)
                  CFE

THESE ARE SOME OTHER POWDERS YOU MIGHT CONSIDER.
                  HAVE FUN
                  Thank you, and yes I am looking for 8208 and CFE locally, hopefully I'll find some at the next gun show.
                  I do have some 4198, does anyone use it?

Comment

Welcome to the Horde Texan, from Louisiana.

Comment

Welcome to the Horde. Lot of great info here, enjoy.

Comment

Volume I has 166 industry pressure-tested loads, including a wide range of hunting and target bullets. It also has chapters on detecting pressure signs, particularities with the AR15 gas system and barrel length, hunting reach, chamber variants, and velocity estimator charts.

Volume II is solely dedicated to hunting loads, hunting considerations, and various topics around that theme, with user-provided load data. Both handbooks will complement each other.

I personally thought that I wouldn't use Volume I much, other than for recording my own data in the Shooter's Notes & load data pages, but I was totally wrong. I reference the Handbook almost daily, especially when people are seeking load data advice, or posting their experiences and questions about certain components.

You start to get an idea of what powders work best with certain bullet profiles and weights when analyzing the industry pressure-tested data, so I really like having AA's, Lapua/VV's, Hodgdon's, & Western Powder's data right there in one little bundle to cross-reference.

Comment

Wow, you are quite the salesman. Where can I order volume I?
                          Also I never got my flagon of mead!

Comment

Wow, you are quite the salesman. Where can I order volume I?
                            Also I never got my flagon of mead!
                            The mead seems to disappear more quickly than components do.

Comment

Working...
                            X