Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dlindy3188

Greetings from Utah!

Hello All, just wanted to comment on how nice it is to have a growing following on what I consider the best round you can put through an AR style platform in terms of power and accuracy. Now if the ammo manufacturers could keep up with the demand as it is nearly impossible to find ammo here in Utah. Looks like I will be getting into reloading after all! I just built my first ground up grendel (18" stainless ar stoner barrel with a seekins billet receiver set and magpul prs stock). Just waiting on a custom muzzle brake and it's time to try her out. Can't wait!
  • KentuckyBuddha
    Warrior
    • Oct 2012

Welcome! Utah sure is pretty if that movie Jeremiah Johnson is any clue.

You can occasionally find ammo for sale online so no worries there. I am sure you will enjoy the round thoroughly!

Comment

Welcome. What part of the State are you in?

The Gun Vault carries Grendel ammo and builds custom Grendel AR15's.

Cabella's started stocking Grendel about 2 years ago, but it's usually sold out within a day.

Get Some Guns & Ammo usually stocks 123gr Hornady A-MAX, but has been sold out for a while.

If anyone wants a good reference for scenery in Utah in cinema, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade in the beginning is a great example, with wonderful cinematography as well.

Comment

• dlindy3188

Thanks for your tip on the Gun Vault. I will check that one out as I haven't heard of it and it's only 20 minutes away. I live in Lehi so Cabelas is a 5 minute trip but they are always out of stock when I am there. Reloading shouldn't be a big deal though as I have been stocking up on bullets and brass. I just have to get some receipes together and bust out my press. As far as the scenery goes in Utah you will have a hard time finding anywhere else in the world to match it. We have everything you could imagine here and if you love the outdoors this state is great. And regardless of the myths people hear about this state I only have 1 wife and I can buy a beer at my local gas station. After living in several other states I am definitely glad I ended up here.

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by dlindy3188 View Post
          Thanks for your tip on the Gun Vault. I will check that one out as I haven't heard of it and it's only 20 minutes away. I live in Lehi so Cabelas is a 5 minute trip but they are always out of stock when I am there. Reloading shouldn't be a big deal though as I have been stocking up on bullets and brass. I just have to get some receipes together and bust out my press. As far as the scenery goes in Utah you will have a hard time finding anywhere else in the world to match it. We have everything you could imagine here and if you love the outdoors this state is great. And regardless of the myths people hear about this state I only have 1 wife and I can buy a beer at my local gas station. After living in several other states I am definitely glad I ended up here.
          Oh, I don't know, you don't have any rain forest like we do up here in Washington, but we've got mountains, desert, forest, and a couple REALLY big rivers, too! LOL

Welcome to the boards!

Comment

• sneaky one
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Welcome to the gang, I know a many fine people from Utah. Enjoy your time spent on this forum. If we can help , let us know- we enjoy all the threads- reports -etc.
            Most of us are picture hounds, data too. Have fun D lindy.!

After not hearing of snowbanks out there- I think that I will visit Utah.

Comment

• UnclBuck
              Unwashed
              • Jan 2014

Welcome!

Comment

• dlindy3188

Went to the gun vault last week and was able to find some ammo. Thanks again for the tip! They have a lot of really cool high end AR stuff as well. I would rather build myself though and save the money!

Comment

• bluebird
                  Bloodstained
                  • Oct 2013

Welcome!

Comment

The Gun Vault is one of the coolest retail firearms outlets I've seen in the Nation.

Comment

• poli
                      Bloodstained
                      • Feb 2014

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Welcome! Dlindy, lots of good, helpful people here!

Comment

• customcutter

Welcome, post up some pics of your build if you haven't already. I almost went to Utah almost 20 yrs ago. Friend of a friend was going to take us elk hunting. Didn't work out, now it's going on my bucket list I guess.

Comment

• Ridgerider

We will be at the Gun show in Sandy next weekend so come by and chat and put your hand on some of our Grendels.

Comment

Working...
                            X