• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • USMCSgt85
    Unwashed
    • Jun 2015

Hello from Michigan

While I have read posts on the board this around I joined. While I have read about the 6.5's great ballistics and energy I had yet to own one. Now I am putting one together (an upper) and I feel like I belong to the horde. I was a small arms repairman and competitor from '81 thru '85 in my Marine Corps. I was allowed back in at the tender age of 49 to deploy to Iraq as a Designated Marksman during '06 to '07 in Fallujah. It was a target rich area and I did my duty. I am now retired and enjoying life on the farm.

USMCSgt85
    Sight Alignment
    Sight Picture
    Squeeze...Bullseye!!

USMCSgt85
    2111/8531
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Thank you for your service and welcome to the forum. Many of us enjoy seeing and reading about other member's 6.5 Grendel's so please post pictures and a range report. I hope you enjoy your 6.5 Grendel and the forum.

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard. With that background, you'll appreciate the 6.5 Grendel very much, and frequently ask, "Why couldn't I have had this when I was in?"

I was in 3 different Scout Sniper Platoons, helped institute Designated Marksmen in my 2nd unit on the DMZ in Korea as part of our Battalion's plan to get DM's in the line Companies, and spent a bit of time carrying the M24 around. I feel cheated that we didn't have this capability that readily drops into the AR15 frame, and allows one to fight with his precision gun, as well as reach way out beyond 1000yds predictably, with half the recoil of the 7.62 NATO.

It's really a dream DM/Semi Auto Sniper cartridge that doesn't prevent you from fighting the close fight when taking down buildings that will then become your overwatch, so there is less need to carry around two systems like some did with bolt guns and M4's. This would have been a great SPR cartridge, negating the need for both the M24 and M110 SASS.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• jiml
        Bloodstained
        • Jun 2015

Appreciate your service. Welcome.

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Thank you for your service, and Welcome Aboard!
          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• am4966
            Chieftain
            • Jul 2014

Thank you for your service! Welcome to another Michigan member!
            12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
            Surge - Rugged Suppressor
            Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• reaper12
              Bloodstained
              • May 2015

Welcome from Florida
              The only Love that Money can buy is a Dog

Comment

Working...
              X