• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahillock
    Warrior
    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by dammitman View Post
    this is really not all that complicated at all. anyone who has the interest in keeping the second amendment at least as intact as it is now which is not all that great has no choice at all except to vote for trump, period. everyone must get anyone who they can to vote for trump. its trump now or hilliary and anyone who wants to not have more restrictive laws or fees or registrations or any kind of further infringment on the rights of law abiding citizens of these united states must vote for trump. whomever wins the coming presidential election will be choosing from one to possibly three replacement supreme court justices and one never knows maybe more. now thats truly a scary thought. its simple as that.
    Gary Johnson is also pro-2A and is also strong on many other issues. Maybe even moreso than Trump.

Comment

• stanc
      Banned
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by dammitman View Post
      this is really not all that complicated at all. anyone who has the interest in keeping the second amendment at least as intact as it is now which is not all that great has no choice at all except to vote for trump, period. everyone must get anyone who they can to vote for trump. its trump now or hilliary and anyone who wants to not have more restrictive laws or fees or registrations or any kind of further infringment on the rights of law abiding citizens of these united states must vote for trump. whomever wins the coming presidential election will be choosing from one to possibly three replacement supreme court justices and one never knows maybe more. now thats truly a scary thought. its simple as that.
      I guess we'll see. Personally, I think Trump supporters are indulging in wishful thinking, because his record is that of an anti-gun Liberal who used to praise Hillary before he decided to seek the Republican nomination. I think we're screwed, regardless of which of them becomes President.

Comment

• ricsmall
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by stanc View Post
        I guess we'll see. Personally, I think Trump supporters are indulging in wishful thinking, because his record is that of an anti-gun Liberal who used to praise Hillary before he decided to seek the Republican nomination. I think we're screwed, regardless of which of them becomes President.

Hope ur wrong but I think you're right. I'll b voting for trump.
        Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

Especially after clearly stating his position on the 2A, who really believes he will do a reversal and waste political capital?

That makes zero sense. I think he's a big city New Yorker who didn't understand how many people actually own and highly value guns, since NYC portrays guns as bad every time the subject is brought up, unless you hunt. After paying more attention to the National audience, it seems pretty clear that he now understands where the people stand on the issue, even it it is campaign rhetoric, although I can't recall an election where a candidate did anything but pander to voters with some hunting pictures, Demicans and Republicrats alike. Remember John Kerry and his cold-roasted quail comments?

The difference I'm seeing here is that Trump seems believable on the concealed carry issue.

Hillary, on the other hand, truly does not believe any of us should be allowed to own even a handgun. She has praised gun confiscation schemes in other nations at rallies, and wants to repeal PLCAA.

Where Obama spent his political and bribery capital on Hillarycare, Hillary will spend hers on defeating the 2A by whatever means necessary.
          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• ahillock
            Warrior
            • Jan 2016

I agree brother. I hope we are wrong, but I don't think so. When you have a man like Trump who hasn't held public office or a voting record, all you can go on is his statements over the years and where he has given his money. Based on that he is more of a liberal than anything. Based off his support of Obamacare and his opinion on 2A, abortions...etc.

Comment

• ahillock
              Warrior
              • Jan 2016

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
              Especially after clearly stating his position on the 2A, who really believes he will do a reversal and waste political capital?

That makes zero sense. I think he's a big city New Yorker who didn't understand how many people actually own and highly value guns, since NYC portrays guns as bad every time the subject is brought up, unless you hunt. After paying more attention to the National audience, it seems pretty clear that he now understands where the people stand on the issue, even it it is campaign rhetoric, although I can't recall an election where a candidate did anything but pander to voters with some hunting pictures, Demicans and Republicrats alike. Remember John Kerry and his cold-roasted quail comments?

The difference I'm seeing here is that Trump seems believable on the concealed carry issue.

Hillary, on the other hand, truly does not believe any of us should be allowed to own even a handgun. She has praised gun confiscation schemes in other nations at rallies, and wants to repeal PLCAA.

Where Obama spent his political and bribery capital on Hillarycare, Hillary will spend hers on defeating the 2A by whatever means necessary.
              +1. What is brewing in the near future is no good.

Comment

• stanc
                Banned
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                Once he's in office, what's to prevent him from reversing his stance? If Congress were to offer Trump legislation that was really important to him in exchange for signing an anti-gun bill, I doubt that he'd hesitate to put his signature on it.

Based on what??? It certainly can't be his mindboggling record of taking a position and then reversing it, sometimes in the same day. http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...ictions-213869

“I’m not a hunter and don’t approve of killing animals. I strongly disagree with my sons who are hunters.” (Twitter, March 15, 2012)

“My sons love to hunt. They are members of the NRA, very proudly. I am a big believer in the Second Amendment.” (Ayrshire, Scotland, July 31, 2015)

How can anything Trump says be considered believable? He has ZERO credibility.

Comment

• JASmith
                  Chieftain
                  • Sep 2014

Among the many failings of our political process is the notion that the senior politician is not allowed to change a position based on lessons learned. Doing so leads to accusations of flip-flopping and implied weakness.

Trading our rights for political expedience has been going on for a very long time. Our frustration with the accelerating loss of rights is one of the major reasons Mr Trump has gained so much traction.

At the same time, we do have reasons to be worried regardless of who prevails.
                  shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                  -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• mike garus
                    Unwashed
                    • Mar 2016

Once he's in office, what's to prevent him from reversing his stance? If Congress were to offer Trump legislation that was really important to him in exchange for signing an anti-gun bill, I doubt that he'd hesitate to put his signature on it.

Based on what??? It certainly can't be his mindboggling record of taking a position and then reversing it, sometimes in the same day. http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...ictions-213869

“I’m not a hunter and don’t approve of killing animals. I strongly disagree with my sons who are hunters.” (Twitter, March 15, 2012)

“My sons love to hunt. They are members of the NRA, very proudly. I am a big believer in the Second Amendment.” (Ayrshire, Scotland, July 31, 2015)

How can anything Trump says be considered believable? He has ZERO credibility.
                    We're between a rock and a hard place. BUT I'll take my chances with Trump. We KNOW what Hillary will bring.

Comment

• ahillock
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
                      Among the many failings of our political process is the notion that the senior politician is not allowed to change a position based on lessons learned. Doing so leads to accusations of flip-flopping and implied weakness.
                      This isn't just small tweaks. This is complete reversals of stance on important issues (like gun control, universal healthcare, abortions...etc.). Not to mention where he has given money and who he has spoken highly of politician wise (spoken highly of Pelosi, Hillary, Obama...etc.). Trump has even been on the record stating that he is a democrat.

I don't trust him. I have no evidence that shows I should trust him. I have no reason to believe his new stances are really what he believes when he changed them for an election year. Especially from someone who has not held political office or has a voting record. If a politician that held office changed their mind and had a voting record to prove that new stance as well as bills that they brought forward to support that new stance, I would be all for that. Trump has none of that.

Comment

• ahillock
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2016

Originally posted by mike garus View Post
                        We're between a rock and a hard place. BUT I'll take my chances with Trump. We KNOW what Hillary will bring.
                        I'm going Gary Johnson. Only candidate that I can vote for with a clear conscience and not regret later. You know exactly what you will get with him. He is also the one that most closely aligns with the Constitution and how this country was founded.

Comment

• Old Soldat
                          Bloodstained
                          • Dec 2015

Only one word is needed to describe Trump-"LIAR".

Comment

• LR1955
                            Super Moderator
                            • Mar 2011

Guys:

Stan lead you to water and you drank.

This thread is now closed.

Comment

Working...
                            X