X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeterD
    Warrior
    • Feb 2018

NC Sherrif candidate pledged to kill gun owners that don't give up their guns

Last edited by PeterD; 03-27-2018, 12:47 AM.
  • dammitman
    Warrior
    • Dec 2012

well, will be fun to follow his career

Comment

• biodsl
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by dammitman View Post
      well, will be fun to follow his career
      He may have just sunk his career. Let's hope.
      Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Rugerfan.64
        Warrior
        • May 2014

He has to have deputies and LEO that are willing to do his bidding. You bet your hiney he wont be the one knocking on doors.

Comment

• stanc
          Banned
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Rugerfan.64 View Post
          He has to have deputies and LEO that are willing to do his bidding. You bet your hiney he wont be the one knocking on doors.
          I'm not sure that would be a problem. Most, if not all, cops have been willingly enforcing unconstitutional gun laws for many decades.

And, since cops have shot suspected lawbreakers whom they only imagined to be a threat -- like the two Sacramento cops who just did mag dumps on a guy "armed" with a cellphone -- how do you think they'll respond to someone who is not just clearly breaking the law, but is actually threatening to shoot them with his AR?

Comment

• montana
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2011

He should be the first through the door with that attitude. Talk is easy, execution of such talk is a totally different reality.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
              Chieftain
              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by PeterD View Post
              And what would he do if gun owners don’t comply with the laws he’d like to see enacted? He advocated killing anyone who refuses to surrender their guns. “You’ve heard people say you have to pry my gun from my cold dead hands.” He then shrugged his shoulders, shook his head back and forth, and then continued: “Okay…”
              So he is willing to call our bluff, so to speak?
              Kill a hog. Save the planet.
              My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• stanc
                Banned
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
                So he is willing to call our bluff, so to speak?
                IF such laws were to be enacted, he -- like many other LEOs -- would undoubtedly be willing to enforce them, even if it required the killing of lawbreakers.

But, it was clearly a joke. An inappropriate joke, perhaps, but a joke nonetheless. He is campaigning for office, and was obviously playing to his audience.

It's hardly unusual for some politicians to make tasteless remarks when playing to their base. A prime example was seen in the 2016 campaign for POTUS.

Comment

• Zeus
                  Bloodstained
                  • Mar 2018

That statement just ruined his chances of getting elected. I bet his constituents are much more supportive of the second amendment than he thinks. He was preaching to the choir so of course he got that type of reaction from the crowd. Pandering to a small minority simply by saying what they want to hear may seem like a good idea at the time but can sink the whole ship in long run. His reaction to the response was a dead giveaway that he knew he made a big mistake.

Comment

• brian y
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by stanc View Post
                    But, it was clearly a joke. An inappropriate joke, perhaps, but a joke nonetheless. He is campaigning for office, and was obviously playing to his audience.
                    It's hardly unusual for some politicians to make tasteless remarks when playing to their base. A prime example was seen in the 2016 campaign for POTUS.
                    Yes you are right stinc, I remember all tasteless remarks that B**** hilderbeast made and all the names she called us it cost her HA HA
                    NRA Endowment Member, GOA Life Member, FPC Member, VDL Member

Comment

• stanc
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by brian y View Post
                      Yes you are right stinc...
                      LOL. I must inform you that you are neither clever nor original. Others have preceded you in attempting to offend me by intentionally misspelling my username as stinc or stank.

I don't take offense at such childish behavior, so you're wasting your time. But, if it makes you happy, feel free to continue.
                      Last edited by stanc; 03-28-2018, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• grayfox
                        Chieftain
                        • Jan 2017

The "joke" is going to be on him. I note that in Hitler's 1930's-40's the first thing he and his followers did to their enemies was to ridicule them, then to call them out, then to maintain that they were inferior, then to shout that they were inhuman, then to take away their weapons, then to round them up into concentration camps, then to put them into the ovens. After all, if they aren't really human then they had no rights and he had the right to kill them to make his world a better place. That kind of ridicule hides the deeper intent of eliminating their targets.
                        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Tex Nomex
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2017

The original video clip left out the punch line: "Whenever you pass away, we'll come get it."
                          Which, I guess, can be taken whichever way one chooses.
                          That is, if the gun owner's death is from natural causes or sudden lead poisoning.
                          "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
                          -- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                            Chieftain
                            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by stanc View Post
                            IF such laws were to be enacted, he -- like many other LEOs -- would undoubtedly be willing to enforce them, even if it required the killing of lawbreakers.

So is our "From my cold dead hands" also an inappropriate joke? After all, it isn't an invitation to take away guns after we die of old age. It is a battle cry saying we will fight for our right, do the death, if necessary. I know for a lot of folks, it is not. That somebody is willing to comment in rising to the challenge, joking or not, should come as no surprise. We dropped the gauntlet. Somebody was bound to pick it up.

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
                            The "joke" is going to be on him. I note that in Hitler's 1930's-40's the first thing he and his followers did to their enemies was to ridicule them, then to call them out, then to maintain that they were inferior, then to shout that they were inhuman, then to take away their weapons, then to round them up into concentration camps, then to put them into the ovens. After all, if they aren't really human then they had no rights and he had the right to kill them to make his world a better place. That kind of ridicule hides the deeper intent of eliminating their targets.
                            I see the invocation of Godwin's law came quickly. I see a lot of derogatory comments about Democrats and Liberals by Republicans and conservative, many indicating that they are subhuman or are mentally deficient. So one must be careful in categorizations that can be seen as reflexive in nature.
                            Kill a hog. Save the planet.
                            My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• montana
                              Chieftain
                              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
                              So is our "From my cold dead hands" also an inappropriate joke? After all, it isn't an invitation to take away guns after we die of old age. It is a battle cry saying we will fight for our right, do the death, if necessary. I know for a lot of folks, it is not. That somebody is willing to comment in rising to the challenge, joking or not, should come as no surprise. We dropped the gauntlet. Somebody was bound to pick it up.

I see the invocation of Godwin's law came quickly. I see a lot of derogatory comments about Democrats and Liberals by Republicans and conservative, many indicating that they are subhuman or are mentally deficient. So one must be careful in categorizations that can be seen as reflexive in nature.
                              Opinions, politics and religion can bring out the worst in people, this is no secret. This is why Gene has to cattle prod us back into line when these subjects come up. I don't envy his job on this forum but I'm grateful he does it.
                              I have personally seen the cult like stare, anger and hostility when trying to respectfully counter one of their opinions. One is in my wife's family. Respect should be a two way street but that is not in the lefts play book today. They interrupt and shout down guest speakers while setting fires and destroying public and government buildings. I have not seen this from the gun community. I will stand by my opinion of the lefts mentally unstable behavior and illogical beliefs.
                              Bjorn F16 is correct when he stated: The left has fully embraced Saul Alinski tactics. Say/do whatever necessary...repeat lies until they become truth...demonize your adversary. The end justify the means.
                              The comments are derogatory only if they are not true.
                              Last edited by montana; 03-28-2018, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X