• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 41bear
    Warrior
    • Jan 2017

With the stroke of a pen you will be a criminal

Trump and Sessions will illegally make us criminals.

The moves come amid rising public pressure on the Trump administration to find ways to curb gun violence after a mass shooting in Parkland, Fla.

Justice Department officials are forging ahead with plans to ban rapid-fire bump stocks, Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Tuesday — a move that would likely set the stage for long legal battles with gun manufacturers while the devices remain on the market.Sessions said top officials within the department believe gun accessories like the ones used […]

Your thoughts?

I don't own one and have no desire to, gimmicks which add nothing save wasting lead or steel as the case may be. If I spend $150/$400 on a trigger device it will be to increase my accuracy level not my rate of fire.
    "Wild flower, growin' thru the cracks in the street" - Problem Child by Little Big Town
  • rabiddawg
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2013

I agree with you; I never wanted one.

I have fired one full auto weapon. I didn’t get my rocks off with that so I don’t see the need for ME to ever want one.

The politicians are under pressure to do something. We are fearful of giving an inch and losing a mile.
    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• keystone183
      Warrior
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by 41bear View Post
      Trump and Sessions will illegally make us criminals.

The moves come amid rising public pressure on the Trump administration to find ways to curb gun violence after a mass shooting in Parkland, Fla.

Justice Department officials are forging ahead with plans to ban rapid-fire bump stocks, Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Tuesday — a move that would likely set the stage for long legal ba…

Your thoughts?

I don't own one and have no desire to, gimmicks which add nothing save wasting lead or steel as the case may be. If I spend $150/$400 on a trigger device it will be to increase my accuracy level not my rate of fire.
      Well, now you have to hope that $400 precision trigger doesn't have a faster reset.......

Comment

• just_john
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2012

the only entity that benefits from"rapid fire stock mods" are the ammo manufacturers. Agreed, would rather spend the money on a "good" trigger.

Comment

• Sticks
          Chieftain
          • Dec 2016

We can not let this happen. We've been on the slippery slope for a long time.

NO MORE FIREARM LAWS AND RESTRICTIONS!!!

Stop blaming the hammer for the house that fell apart.
          Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Popeye212
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2018

Congress cannot pass a law that makes a law abiding citizen a criminal according to the constitution. Will be interesting to see how this works out in court.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
              Chieftain
              • Sep 2013

Congress cannot pass a law that makes a law abiding citizen a criminal according to the constitution.
              I believe that the ex post facto ("after the fact") laws pertain to prosecution for an act committed before a law end into effect. You you could not be prosecuted for buying a bumpfire stock when it was legal to do so, but that doesn't mean it will remain legal for you to own one after the law went into effect. Similarly, while sellers may have them for sale before such a law would go into effect does not mean they can keep selling them after it goes into effect.
              Kill a hog. Save the planet.
              My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• biodsl
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2011

I don't own one and I don't want one, but I will be commenting against this. Bump stocks are not a significant risk to public safety. This is pure politics so the Republicrats can say they 'did something' in the wake of Vegas and Parkland.

With that said, I'd be willing to trade a ban of bump stocks in exchange for removing suppressors from the NFA. You know, because I'm a reasonable guy willing to negotiate 'common sense' gun control.
                Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• biodsl
                  Chieftain
                  • Aug 2011

I don't own one and I don't want one, but I will be commenting against this. Bump stocks are not a significant risk to public safety. This is pure politics so the Republicrats can say they 'did something' in the wake of Vegas and Parkland.

With that said, I'd be willing to trade a ban of bump stocks in exchange for removing suppressors from the NFA. You know, because I'm a reasonable guy willing to compromise for 'common sense' gun control.
                  Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• TomSawyerNW
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Popeye212 View Post
                    Congress cannot pass a law that makes a law abiding citizen a criminal according to the constitution. Will be interesting to see how this works out in court.
                    But the question is, can we count on the courts, especially when it comes to guns and the Constitution?
                    If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

Working...
                    X