Deerfield Illinois: Here it comes-full confiscation !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CVCOBRA1
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2018

Deerfield Illinois: Here it comes-full confiscation !!!!

In my state, its here: Full confiscation. Sixty days to get rid of your "assualt weapons" and "high capacity" mags or face up to $1000 a day fine.

The Chicago suburb of Deerfield, Illinois, is giving residents 60 days to get rid of their "assault weapons" and "high capacity" magazines and empowering the police chief to confiscate them from those who refuse to give them up.

If they get their foot in the door---------As if Chicago gun laws were working.......
  • just_john
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2012

looks like it is time to move south!

Comment

• BjornF16
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2011

Hopefully SAF gets involved...
      LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
      Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• dmm767
        Unwashed
        • Apr 2018

I know that Highland Park did the same thing and the Supreme Court rejected the case. If more municipalities keep popping up with this kind of ban then eventually they're going to have to actually address the issue. From what I understand though, this seems like painfully obvious virtue signaling from that community. Does a FOID card track your weapons somehow? Because that's the only chance they'd have at actually knowing who owns what. They don't have to go door to door getting shot up and still get to look good in front of their extremely liberal constituents.

Here's a link about the Highland Park Ban: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...207-story.html

Comment

• dmm767
          Unwashed
          • Apr 2018

Originally posted by CVCOBRA1 View Post
          As if Chicago gun laws were working.......
          Lmao in fact just today I was reading about how London officials are racing to try and figure out a way to stop the surge in stabbings. It's almost like blanket weapons laws don't magically make people into peaceful coexisting utopians.

Comment

• Sticks
            Chieftain
            • Dec 2016

Wondering of the Gangs will comply?
            Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• BCHunter
              Warrior
              • Jan 2018

So if they are not allowed in that municipality are the police departments going to destroy theirs? What about the LEO's that use personal weapons on duty? How does that work?

Comment

• Sticks
                Chieftain
                • Dec 2016

Govt and LEO officials are always exempt from these laws/ordinances, because, well, they need them.
                Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• BjornF16
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2011

SAF involved in lawsuit:

The Chicago suburb of Deerfield, Illinois, passed a surrender and confiscation ordinance for "assault weapons" Monday night and the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) responded by filing suit on Thursday.
                  LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                  Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• Crracer712
                    Bloodstained
                    • Mar 2018

Thought I'd read where NRA is filing suit as well.

Comment

• biodsl
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by dmm767 View Post
                      I know that Highland Park did the same thing and the Supreme Court rejected the case. If more municipalities keep popping up with this kind of ban then eventually they're going to have to actually address the issue.
                      This is a great tactic for the Left. Tens or hundreds or thousands of units of local governments, at the direction of national anti-gun strategists, can pass these laws, even knowing they're likely unconstitutional. Government has almost unlimited taxpayer dollars with which to defend their tyranny. Meanwhile, the NRA and other 2A organizations, with limited member funds, are forced to put out all the little fires scattered across the land.

My impression (correct me if I'm mis-guided) is that years ago the NRA really didn't want to take to SCOTUS the question "Do modern semi-automatic rifles and 30 round magazines have constitutional protection?". They didn't want to risk it. They were satisfied to deal with challenges in the lower courts wherever the question popped up. Now, since Heller and other decisions, I believe its the Left that doesn't want that question posed.

It's just about time 2A-backing organizations to find the strategy to get this to SCOTUS. We need a very definitive answer to the question that applies across the country. If we can get one more 2A friendly justice on the court we need to strike and end this craziness.
                      Last edited by biodsl; 04-06-2018, 12:06 AM.
                      Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Sticks
                        Chieftain
                        • Dec 2016

The paranoid side of me says this is the test case to see if it can be done, along with Florida and their new bans on features. If it flies, then nationwide implementation.

The rational side of me in denial says this is a collection of grasseaters in their fantasy world that think they have the cure for death. I am reminded of the movie "Footloose" and no dancing within the city limits, because Rock Music and Dancing killed the preachers son.
                        Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Last edited by VASCAR2; 04-06-2018, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• CVCOBRA1
                            Bloodstained
                            • Jan 2018

And now they are going after HiCap magazines in Vermont. Raising purchase age, no bumpstocks and several other things.
                            This Hogg kid and his high dollar anti second amendment backers have done more damage in the last month than the last few years. Now that these puppet masters have a mouth piece in a teenager the libs are happier than ever.

Comment

• biodsl
                              Chieftain
                              • Aug 2011

Today, a federal judge upheld the Massachusetts ban on semi-auto rifles and mags. The news story says this:

Young, nominated by former President Ronald Reagan, backed his decision by quoting the late conservative Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, who wrote the majority opinion in a landmark 2008 decision that overturned Washington’s ban on hand guns. The ruling expanded individual gun rights but said the right isn’t unlimited. “Weapons that are most useful in military service — M-16 rifles and the like” aren’t protected by the Second Amendment and “may be banned,” Young quoted Scalia as saying.

Young also rejected attempts by the gun-rights group to challenge the ban on the grounds that AR-15s are extremely popular in the U.S. “The AR-15’s present day popularity is not constitutionally material,” Young said. “This is because the words of our Constitution are not mutable. They mean the same today as they did 227 years ago when the Second Amendment was adopted.”

I repeat; one more conservative justice and we need this in front of SCOTUS. Perhaps this is the case.

“The AR-15 and its analogs, along with large capacity magazines, are simply not weapons within the original meaning of the individual constitutional rights to ‘bear arms,'” wrote U.S. District Judge William Young.
                              Last edited by biodsl; 04-07-2018, 02:53 AM.
                              Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

Working...
                              X