• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StoneHendge
    Chieftain
    • May 2016

Boulder passes "assault weapons" an and other anti gun measures

Well, the Boulder police still haven't been able to figure out who killed little Jon Benet. But I'm sure they'll find you if you have an "assault weapon"!

The Boulder City Council passed a sweeping gun control ordinance Tuesday night banning "assault weapons" and bump stocks, even as a pro-Second Amendment nonprofit threatened to challenge the new law in court by suing individual councilmembers.

In the measure: 'The city defines assault weapons as "semi-automatic firearms designed with military features to allow rapid spray firing for the quick and efficient killing of humans."' One has to wonder if that would include an AR you built for LR competition or 3 gun. Or a 458 Socom that one built for blasting milk jugs, watermelons and pumpkins. The closest thing to their definition I have is my 300 BLK which was designed for rapid firing for the quick and efficient disablement of home intruders.

The lawsuits should be interesting. All the council meetings will have been recorded. And we all know they all talked about "setting an example" just like Deerfield states in their ordinance. The Town Manager where my shop is located came from Boulder and she pretty much holds it up as a model community. I have heard rumblings that they are going to consider doing the same.
    Let's go Brandon!
  • montana
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

Colorado needs to pass pro gun laws like Montana. Plainly interpreted, the Montana Legislature has prohibited all forms of local government from exercising any regulatory power over the purchase, sale or transfer or firearms," http://missoulian.com/news/local/att...d8aa953a6.html
    Missoula is a leftist island in Montana, "which tries" but fails with their anti-gun agenda. The gun owners in Montana owe Gary Marbut's "Montana Shooting Sports Association" a lot for most of our firearm freedom.http://www.mtssa.org/

Comment

• StoneHendge
      Chieftain
      • May 2016

Originally posted by montana View Post
      Colorado needs to pass pro gun laws like Montana. Plainly interpreted, the Montana Legislature has prohibited all forms of local government from exercising any regulatory power over the purchase, sale or transfer or firearms," http://missoulian.com/news/local/att...d8aa953a6.html
      Missoula is a leftist island in Montana, "which tries" but fails with their anti-gun agenda. The gun owners in Montana owe Gary Marbut's Montana Shooting Sports Association" for most of our firearm freedom.http://www.mtssa.org/
      Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Schrambo
        Warrior
        • Oct 2016

I used to live in CO, worked in Boulder, I finally moved back home to MT... I am sooooooooo happy to be out of CO and the anti-gun culture...

Comment

• Sticks
          Chieftain
          • Dec 2016

I knew Colorado had a pre-emption law - Denver city and county was the only - ONLY - one to get grandfathered in. Every other municipality in the state can suck it!

Hopefully the police will get involved in fighting that one too. Going to be a nightmare to enforce.
          Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• AZHTfreak
            Warrior
            • Jan 2017

Born & raised Colo. Spgs. Yep, Boulder & to a slightly lesser extent, Ft. Collins have become the Berkleys of CO. How sad that the great state of CO has been infected by CA socio-facists...
            Last edited by AZHTfreak; 05-19-2018, 06:47 AM.
            DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• Sticks
              Chieftain
              • Dec 2016

Originally posted by AZHTfreak View Post
              Born & raised Colo. Spgs. Yep, Boulder & to a slightly lesser extent, Ft. Collins have become the Berkleys of CO. How sad that the great state of CO has been infected by CA socio-facists...
              Infected...This is ...has been a full on pandemic for near two decades.
              Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Bigs28
                Chieftain
                • Feb 2016

I lived in co 2001-2004. I saw it then. Everyone flees California to get away from the bs and then tries to turn co into what they left.

Comment

• Hoser1
                  Bloodstained
                  • May 2015

I'm hearing that someone has already filed a counter lawsuit against Boulder.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

Supremacy doesn't allow you to have more strict laws than the State unless on private property.

Saint George tried that with no CCW on city parks with signs and got slapped down quick by the State.
                    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                    X