• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bj139
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2017

BjornF16,
    Room 2A has been closed for the past month or two. This is the first time I've seen it open.
    I think you are just in time for the grand re-opening.

Comment

• LR1955
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
      BjornF16,
      Room 2A has been closed for the past month or two. This is the first time I've seen it open.
      I think you are just in time for the grand re-opening.
      Negative.

BFT re-opened the 2A forum several weeks ago.

I imagine that it will be pretty quiet until Stan comes off of his banned status in a week or so.

LR55

Comment

• BjornF16
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
        Negative.

BFT re-opened the 2A forum several weeks ago.

I imagine that it will be pretty quiet until Stan comes off of his banned status in a week or so.

LR55
        LOL...guess I missed all the fireworks
        LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
        Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• stanc
          Banned
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by BjornF16 View Post
          LOL...guess I missed all the fireworks
          You didn't miss much. There was no heated discussion or flaring tempers. It was all pretty mundane.

I started a thread I should not have. I was asked a direct question, to which I gave an honest answer.

LR55 deemed my answer to merit a ban. http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...l=1#post204370

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by BjornF16 View Post
            I know I'm late to this fight (but have been out of the country for last 2 months...)

The Militia Act only required certain firearms and accoutrements to be maintained. Surely there are other types of "arms" available that weren't required by the Militia Act to be possessed.

Militia Act only required those active members of the militia to own and maintain a "standardized" weapon system and amount of lead and powder.

They could then choose to have other personal "arms" for 2A protected purposes (e.g. hunting, self-defense, etc).
            Under the militia act, you did not have a voluntary choice to be a member, but a requirement of members was to own particular weaponry and supplies. A right is no longer a right when it is a requirement. Under the first amendment, you have the freedom of religion, but would you consider that right violated if the government mandated that you worship and tythe at a religion not of your own choosing, particularly if you didn't want to worship anywhere. A right means having a choice to do something or not and ceases to be a right when that choice is taken away.
            Kill a hog. Save the planet.
            My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• stanc
              Banned
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
              Under the militia act, you did not have a voluntary choice to be a member, but a requirement of members was to own particular weaponry and supplies. A right is no longer a right when it is a requirement.
              Not exactly. A right means the government cannot lawfully prohibit you from doing something.

Under the Militia Act of 1792, militia members were not denied the right to keep and bear arms.

Comment

• dammitman
                Warrior
                • Dec 2012

is this it?,,,,seriously? anything else?

Comment

• dammitman
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2012

cmon, there must be something better to discuss,,,,,,

Comment

• BjornF16
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
                    Under the militia act, you did not have a voluntary choice to be a member, but a requirement of members was to own particular weaponry and supplies. A right is no longer a right when it is a requirement. Under the first amendment, you have the freedom of religion, but would you consider that right violated if the government mandated that you worship and tythe at a religion not of your own choosing, particularly if you didn't want to worship anywhere. A right means having a choice to do something or not and ceases to be a right when that choice is taken away.
                    I'll say it again...the Militia Act required active militia members to maintain a standardized firearm, amount of lead and powder. They were free to choose to have other personal firearms or to choose not to have them.

As militia members, they already were providing their firearm, lead and powder. The Militia Act was standardizing what they were bringing to the fight.

Conscientious objectors were NOT required to maintain the standardized militia weaponry (as they were not active members of the militia).

Those who were outside the age of militia service weren't required to maintain the standardized militia weaponry.

Those who were excluded from militia service due to disability weren't required to maintain the standardized militia weaponry.

Women weren't required to maintain the standardized militia weaponry.

Another more realistic example: We have 1A rights to free speech in public forum (meaning government can't suppress our speech in the public square). However, government can compel us to speak in certain circumstances (e.g. in a court of law).
                    LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                    Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

Working...
                    X