• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stanc
    Banned
    • Apr 2011

Tactics and Methods

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
    I had hoped that the 2A forum discssions could lead to actionable suggestions on how to, not just defend, but to proactively strengthen our 2A protections.

Examples: How to get more people shooting; ways to provide more recreational shooting opportunities in the inner city; etc.
    Anyone with ideas for conducting the 2A fight, post 'em here.
  • JASmith
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2014

Stan,

Thanks!

You may have better success in starting a more productive discussion than I seem to have done earlier.
    shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• montana
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2011

A person has to sell themselves before any difference of opinion on firearm ownership is brought up. If a person trust you, then they will usually trust your opinion. When people see for themselves you and your family are not threatening and "don't fit the threatening, bubba character of gun owners portrayed by the media", they become more conducive to seeing a different side. Having a truthful dialog with truthful, accurate information can be very persuasive if given with a sincere, helpful attitude. Stan has helped me in this department more than he and others may have realized LOL. Dialog only works if it is a two way street. I have mention this before, but my wife and I made friends with some people who moved to the US from France. The wife was terrified of BB guns, but through safe instruction, she became a rare instant supporter of our 2ndA. She even shot competitively with my wife for many years. They owned a winery and were very liberal, with liberal friends, but when it came to gun ownership, they became stanch 2ndA supporters and advocates. This can have a positive snowball effect. Every gun owner is an ambassador whether they understand it or not. The secret is to find common ground both sides can agree on. Always take the high road, even when your first instinct is to get angry. Jerry Miculek, and Julie Golob are perfect examples of the kind of ambassadors for gun ownership we need more of. I have been surprised more than once that I ended up having more in common with an adversary than with many of my friends.
      Last edited by montana; 08-10-2018, 05:42 AM.

Comment

• stanc
        Banned
        • Apr 2011

So far, only montana has posted an idea for advancing the cause, so I thought I would try to "prime the pump" by quoting one from another thread:

Originally posted by bwaites
        ...become an active AMBASSADOR of the shooting community. EVERYTIME you go to the range, invite someone to go with you, preferably someone who has never shot a gun, but if that fails, invite someone else and encourage THEM to invite someone. My goal is to take 12 new shooters to the range this year...
        How about it, guys? Anyone else? bj139? brian y? In the Poll thread, both of you expressed a desire for a place to discuss ways to promote 2A rights.
        Last edited by stanc; 08-10-2018, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X