The 2dA has always been an individuals right.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • montana
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

The 2dA has always been an individuals right.

Justice John Paul Stevens says Heller was the worst decision during his tenure on the Supreme Court.That tells us plenty about his legacy.
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

Well said.
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• bj139
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2017

Is Stan on vacation?

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

Shhhhhh!!
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• NugginFutz
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

Carefule, bj. Last I heard LR55 say on the subject was there is to be no "Stan-baiting".
          If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• stanc
            Banned
            • Apr 2011

Just read the article. It contains false and misleading statements. Examples:

...the founding generation believed individual Americans had an inherent right to bear those arms.
            Misleading. The founding generation did not believe that all Americans had a right to bear arms. They believed that most of the black population had no rights whatsoever.

False. Of the five State constitutions which preceded the Bill of Rights, the majority were explicit that the right to bear arms was for collective defense.

North Carolina (1776) "...the people have a right to bear arms, for the defence of the State..."
            Pennsylvania (1776) "...the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the state..."
            Virginia (1776) "...a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defence of a free state..."
            Vermont (1777) "...the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the State..."
            Massachusetts (1780) "The people have a right to keep and to bear arms for the common defence."

"The right of self defense is the first law of nature..."
            False. The first (and perhaps only) law of nature is that living beings can do whatever they have the will and ability to do.

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against the usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers..."
            LOL. If an armed citizenry actually were a "strong moral check" on the power of rulers, there wouldn't now be a ban on bump stocks, nor would we have laws like the NFA.

Comment

• LR1955
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2011

Stan:

You are 'ate up' as we said in the Army.

No, it isn't OK that you would hijack one of the few 2A threads that hasn't been locked because of your obsession with arguing.

You need to stay on the Military and LEA forum where your expertise as a historian is respected and admired.

I am locking this thread totally because of you.

My patience is gone.

Comment

• LR1955
                Super Moderator
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stanc
                LR55: Since a couple of trivial posts in SASSY's thread caused you to lock it a few hours after your reply to my post, I'll respond in this thread since the subject is pretty much the same.

Actually, the usual response of most animals when their lives are threatened is to flee, not fight.
                There are exceptions to that general behavior, of course, but they are exceptions, not the rule.

I didn't say that self defense was invented by humans. I said that the concept of "rights" was.

Where did you see that in anything I wrote?

If people have always had a "right" to bear arms, why do you need government permission to carry a weapon?
                Stan:

I am banning you for two months.

I locked a thread mostly but not totally because of wise ass comments by two other members. Some of the reason was because of you. You argue the same point on every 2A thread and once you get backed into a corner, you turn the argument into one over how to interpret your writing or intent. It appears you are arguing only to argue and because of your constant use of the same arguments followed by arguing over word use and semantics, most of the smarter people on the forum who know something about the Constitution no longer participate.

Within a few hours of locking that thread, you move your argument over you word choice, semantics, and intent to this thread that is one of the few that has not been locked.

For hijacking this thread as you have done, in order to argue for the sake of arguing, you are banned from the forum for two months.

No, I don't like it but you have become disruptive and have driven off guys who really do know something about our history simply because they do not feel like getting into inane arguments with you over a word you used somewhere.

I would do the same to any forum member who hijacked a thread in order to continue an argument from a locked thread.

LR55
                Last edited by LR1955; 01-04-2019, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• RMiller
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2018

Good article.

Comment

Working...
                  X