• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bj139
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2017

Bump Stock Ban

Information on fighting unconstitutional regulations.
    The ban is wholly unconstitutional. It is almost identical, in process, to a failed attempt by the Obama administration to ban M855 ammunition. And it can be nullified through state, local, and individual resistance.
  • stanc
    Banned
    • Apr 2011

Oh, the Irony...

Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker signed the new rule Tuesday morning. This is notable considering the fact that the Obama administration did not believe that federal law allowed it to ban bump stocks.
    Are increased age restrictions next?

Comment

• Keef
      Warrior
      • Jun 2017

Terrible. The first push down the slippery slope. Its sad that "we" are so scared and worried the democrats are going to ban stuff, that "we" don't even seem to notice or care if a republican does it? Maybe I'm wrong. Seems like a perfect example that Donkeys and Elephants aren't really that different.
      Last edited by Keef; 12-19-2018, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• bj139
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2017

On other sites people are talking about this regulation being ruled on by the Supreme court.
        A ruling that the ban is unconstitutional would be locked into legal precedent and prevent future bans.
        This may be smarter than it looks.
        Tactics.

May be why Obama didn't try it.

Comment

• Keef
          Warrior
          • Jun 2017

Maybe. What's the time frame for finding out? and what if it's found constitutional? Interesting idea!

Comment

• rebby
            Warrior
            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Keef View Post
            Maybe. What's the time frame for finding out? and what if it's found constitutional? Interesting idea!
            Exactly my concern. They've found even more egregiously unconstitutional laws to be constitutional in the past.

Comment

• Drift
              Warrior
              • Nov 2014

What is the point in passing a law that the people will not comply with?

Comment

• stanc
                Banned
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Keef View Post
                Terrible. The first push down the slippery slope. Its sad that "we" are so scared and worried the democrats are going to ban stuff, that "we" don't even seem to notice or care if a republican does it? Maybe I'm wrong. Seems like a perfect example that Donkeys and Elephants aren't really that different.
                That seems especially true of this POTUS, who for many years was a registered Democrat, and is on the record as supporting the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban.

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
                On other sites people are talking about this regulation being ruled on by the Supreme court.
                A ruling that the ban is unconstitutional would be locked into legal precedent and prevent future bans.
                This may be smarter than it looks.
                I'd have to say anyone who actually believes that is suffering from denial and/or wishful thinking.
                There are already legal precedents which indicate this ban is unlikely to be ruled unconstitutional.
                Suggested reading: https://www.brennancenter.org/blog/d...lt-weapon-bans

Originally posted by Drift View Post
                What is the point in passing a law that the people will not comply with?
                It allows the Administration to proudly proclaim they have "done something" about mass shootings.

"The President once again fulfilling a promise he made to the American people..."

Last edited by stanc; 12-20-2018, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2012

I hadn't considered this might all be nuance and erudition. Interesting premise.

Comment

• stanc
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2011

Comment

• stanc
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2011

GOA Files Lawsuit

Comment

• Sticks
                        Chieftain
                        • Dec 2016

It's obvious, both sides (Repub & Dems) are both actively working to disarm the populace. Dems are outright attacking any point they can. Repubs are white washing it as "Compromise" when they do it.

Somebody please tell me when the last time a firearm "Ban" of any sort was repealed by the next set of lofty seats when there was a political shift in power (D to R).
                        Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• jaybee1669
                          Bloodstained
                          • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
                          It's obvious, both sides (Repub & Dems) are both actively working to disarm the populace. Dems are outright attacking any point they can. Repubs are white washing it as "Compromise" when they do it.

Somebody please tell me when the last time a firearm "Ban" of any sort was repealed by the next set of lofty seats when there was a political shift in power (D to R).
                          The closest we saw was not extending the 94 Clinton Ban when the sunset date came and went.

oddly enough, i bought my first AR and AK47 during the ban. The AR is long gone, horrible Olympic Arms, but i still have my Arsenal SAM7. It's one of the few guns i've bought that has increased in value.

Comment

• montana
                            Chieftain
                            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by jaybee1669 View Post
                            The AR is long gone, horrible Olympic Arms,
                            Since Colt AR rifles and parts were the only game in town, it could take months to receive the extremely high priced parts. We were thankful when more and more less expensive Olympic rifles and parts became available. The other advantage with Olympic AR rifles and parts was you got to know your AR rifle intimately, diagnosing and fixing all the problems.

Comment

• bj139
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2017

Remember, Trump is disliked by most of the employees of the Federal agencies.
                              This is the so called "shadow government" working against Trump's effort to drain the swamp.
                              Trump is not your typical Republican or RHINO for sure.
                              The video points out that the ATF cannot create law which is what they are doing.
                              When this is overturned Trump will just say, "Oops, I guess I don't have the authority to do this under the Constitution" and it will then be clear.
                              Maybe I am too trusting of a political outsider. I am definitely not trusting of any political insiders.

Comment

Working...
                              X