• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • montana
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by stanc View Post
    Feelings are a big part of reality. Feelings are the main reason why mass shootings are an issue.

If you think body count is not important, then you haven't been paying attention.
    I'm not disagreeing with you. It is the amount of focus and propaganda given to this problem compared to other real threats that are glossed over with little attention, since it doesn't serve a political agenda. This is an interesting statement from you about feelings, "since my wife has told me numerous times this is a flaw in my character of understanding". Yet she has admitted, "in the end" I was right when all was said and done. I'm still confused by this none the less! Feelings are feelings and reality is reality!

Body count is why 50 people killed in one shooting makes headline news, while one person killed in each of 50 separate shootings receives little attention.
    I agree again, since solving real problems takes a back seat to political gain by the left. This is why I have kept pounding the drum of perspective vs reality.

They do, however, want to ban semi-autos, and this "It would be worse without bump stocks" argument only helps their cause.
    If we only sing on their stage, I would agree 100%. We need to focus the dialog on reality, not hyperbole statements turned into false realities. We keep reacting instead of being pro active. Why do you think I mentioned the attack on the 1stA. The left knows it can only win if we play by their rules and they control the stage. We need to pull the blinds away from their distortions and lies. We have already lost if we keep playing tit for tat as Trump and the NRA just did. Slowed the process down, "perhaps" but it does nothing in the long run for finding a cure.
    Since you've been citing LR55 so much, I'll refer you to what he said in his last post:
    You may have a point! When I have encountered a problem, I always directed my focus on reality, not emotion. Perhaps I'm asking too much of others, since I seem to be failing on a gun forum lol. Knowing how to React from a pure emotional state is beyond my neanderthal mind set.
    Last edited by montana; 12-31-2018, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• stanc
      Banned
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by montana View Post
      I'm not disagreeing with you. It is the amount of focus and propaganda given to this problem compared to other real threats that are glossed over with little attention, since it doesn't serve a political agenda.
      Focus and propaganda on which problem, and by whom? What other "real threats"?

Originally posted by montana
      This is an interesting statement from you about feelings, "since my wife has told me numerous times this is a flaw in my character of understanding". Yet she has admitted, "in the end" I was right when all was said and done. I'm still confused by this none the less! Feelings are feelings and reality is reality!
      Peoples' feelings are real. To think that feelings are somehow separate from reality is a denial of reality.

We need to focus the dialog on reality, not hyperbole statements turned into false realities.
      I have no idea what you mean by such a vague statement. Care to elaborate?

We keep reacting instead of being pro active.
      I agree. Any ideas for effective pro-active actions?

We have already lost if we keep playing tit for tat as Trump and the NRA just did.
      They didn't play tit for tat. They surrendered.

Slowed the process down, "perhaps" but it does nothing in the long run for finding a cure.
      Concur. The bump stock ban will not prevent future mass shootings.

You may have a point! When I have encountered a problem, I always directed my focus on reality, not emotion. Perhaps I'm asking too much of others, since I seem to be failing on a gun forum lol.
      Perhaps you are not articulating what you mean in a way that's understandable by others?

Comment

• montana
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2011

If lessening the problem of mass shootings, murder, robberies, accidents, etc was the real focus, extensive mandatory training, psych evaluations and back ground checks would be encouraged. Individual weapons training for carry, rules of engagement, and legal aspects would be a requirement for those willing to put the effort in, time and money. When those requirements are met , then gun bans and prohibition on firearm carry becomes a none issue . Yearly fresher courses would not be unreasonable. Monthly competitions would be encouraged with the support of local shooting chapters. Nothing improves shooting and safety skills more than than shooting thousands of rounds under the stress of competition.. Most law enforcement training fails miserably, "compared to competition shooting" for improving shooting skills. There is no cure for life and no training will prevent every tragedy, but it is a far better idea than banning modern firearms, concealed carry or letting every yahoo of age believe they are a competent shooter because they watched a YouTube video. There would be thousands, if not millions of a fresh pool of teachers, volunteers, etc to protect defenseless people like in our schools. Even in bars there could be designated armed people who would not drink yet be able to carry like a designated driver. On that same note, ignoring the millions of deaths by the hand of government and the purpose of the 2nA "aka" division of power is even worse. Pretending big government is no risk and can solve all problems is not only a lie, but criminal. The deaths by modern sporting rifles is insignificant compared to driving while texting and yes, "even falling out of bed" yet no one would know this by listening to the propaganda of the left run news. It is much easier to direct people by controlling peoples emotions by a hundred mass shooting deaths, rather than 250,000 deaths from medical malpractice. The 1 to 2 million crimes prevented every year by private gun ownership never seems to enter the picture when the left discusses gun control. That is the propaganda focused by the left I'm talking about. LR55 gave a perfect example of the lefts response to the officer murdered by an illegal alien. It doesn't fit the propaganda of open borders and future democratic voters. If illegal immigrants voted republican, the wall would have been built years ago. It matters very little to the left, if it does not follow their political agenda. Mandatory training and NFA type back ground checks is what I would be willing to negotiate or compromise to help prevent mass shootings. But the left would have to compromise on gun bans and carry laws. I would bet a king's ransom, the left would never consider this, because it doesn't give them what they really want. Complete power and control. The left will use the levers of government to keep the American people in a constant state of agitation. The only thing the left hates more than a happy population is losing elections. And it knows the two are linked – because happy and grateful Americans rarely vote Democrat. The road to Democrat victories lies in convincing women, blacks, Hispanics, Jews and young people to be as unhappy, ungrateful and angry as possible.Solving mass shootings and violent crime is not in the best interest of the lefts agenda.
        Last edited by montana; 01-01-2019, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X