How dumb are the politicians who want to remove your right to self-defense?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHORT-N-SASSY
    Warrior
    • Apr 2013

How dumb are the politicians who want to remove your right to self-defense?

< https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/judg...o-self-defense >
  • stanc
    Banned
    • Apr 2011

The concept of "natural rights" is a human invention. It is also a falsehood. In nature, there are no rights, least of all a right to life.

Indeed, the Creator -- if there was one -- designed living organisms to engage in an endless cycle of killing other living organisms.

And despite the "shall not infringe" language of the Second Amendment, the Supreme Court ruled that the government can restrict, or even ban, some types of weapons.

Comment

• LR1955
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stanc View Post
      The concept of "natural rights" is a human invention. It is also a falsehood. In nature, there are no rights, least of all a right to life.

Indeed, the Creator -- if there was one -- designed living organisms to engage in an endless cycle of killing other living organisms.

And despite the "shall not infringe" language of the Second Amendment, the Supreme Court ruled that the government can restrict, or even ban, some types of weapons.
      Stan:

Your interpretation is wrong. All animals will defend themselves if their lives are threatened. And this reading is simply a statement of that fact of nature. Don't give us that line that it is invented by humans. Animals will defend themselves to preserve their lives.

As for the Supreme Courts rulings, can't deny them but they also do not rule that a person can not defend themselves if their life is being threatened. I don't think you are going to find a court that will say a guy must allow himself to be killed or that self defense is illegal.

So, now lets see your proof that we are not allowed to defend ourselves if our lives are being threatened? I have a CCP for Washington State and its sole intent is to provide me a means of protecting my life and property if threatened.

And no, it won't turn into an argument over the existence of God so don't even go there.

LR55

Comment

• Keef
        Warrior
        • Jun 2017

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
        All animals will defend themselves if their lives are threatened.
        My experience with free range chickens tells me otherwise.....

Comment

• RMiller
          Warrior
          • Mar 2018

How dumb are politicians?

I don't think they have a limit.

Comment

• LR1955
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2011

Got off track fast.

Comment