• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RMiller
    Warrior
    • Mar 2018

Gun rights organizations?

Are there any significant gun rights groups other than the NRA?

I am a current NRA member but am looking to join another group in addition.
  • bj139
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2017

GOA - Gun Owners of America

Comment

• RMiller
      Warrior
      • Mar 2018

Anyone have any comments about GOA ?

Comment

• TraderRik
        Bloodstained
        • May 2018

I have been a GOA member for several years, and have found them to be pro-active at both the federal and state (Texas) levels. They specifically target issues and then bring the matter directly to the attention of the GOA member. They will also furnish a pre-written email letter to forward to the elected officials (Senators, Congressmen, etc.) and even provide the email address and office phone number.

Well worth my dues. Of course they will hound you for more donations.

Comment

• RMiller
          Warrior
          • Mar 2018

I did an annual membership.

Comment

• Sticks
            Chieftain
            • Dec 2016

There is also your local grass roots orgs, but I'd avoid anything with Dudley Brown. I was under the impression that he was the founder of the Colorado version RMGO and only Colorado. Come to find out, he is running them in multiple states, and no clear cut info track as to where the money goes that he gets in donations.

About the time I found out he was running one in another state, is shortly after we got hosed by the magazine restrictions and FFL transfer requirements for all purchases. Thank god our congress critters had the sense to word it correctly and does not require FFL transfer for loaning.

I'll be real impressed when one of these groups manages to lobby a bill to REPEAL either local or Federal level restrictions that have been put in place... Seems like most just shrug their shoulders and say "Well, we tried." None of them ever continue the fight except maybe to challenge in court, especially when there is a shift in political power in the seats that would give such an motion a fighting chance. Seems like they forgot that a law can be REPEALED.
            Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

Working...
            X