Clear All
  • montana
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

The truth !

• BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Wow! Fantastic speech by Mr. Dan Freitas. I wish we had a guy like this in higher office!
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
      Warrior
      • Apr 2013

Under the Subject, The Delegate's moving March 2, 2018 Speech, I emailed the following Message ---

Comment

• bj139
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2017

Superlative speech.

Comment

• stanc
          Banned
          • Apr 2011

I agree, it was a very good speech. But I find it rather ironic that he's just as intellectually dishonest as he accused the other side of being.

Abortion does not cause mass shootings. I don't know why some pro-gun people have to constantly climb onto their anti-abortion soap box.

Welfare does not cause mass shootings, either. The worst mass shooting in US history was done by a guy who was financially quite well off.

And not all mass shootings have taken place in "gun free" zones, wherein all the victims were unarmed.

Some mass shootings were perpetrated against armed individuals whom the shooter knew were armed.

Examples:

Comment

• LR1955
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stanc View Post
            I agree, it was a very good speech. But I find it rather ironic that he's just as intellectually dishonest as he accused the other side of being.

Abortion does not cause mass shootings. I don't know why some pro-gun people have to constantly climb onto their anti-abortion soap box.

Welfare does not cause mass shootings, either. The worst mass shooting in US history was done by a guy who was financially quite well off.

And not all mass shootings have taken place in "gun free" zones, wherein all the victims were unarmed.

Some mass shootings were perpetrated against armed individuals whom the shooter knew were armed.

Examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r3L4ou9P6U
            Wow.

Stan disagrees. Imagine that.

LR55

Comment

• stanc
              Banned
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
              Wow.

Stan disagrees. Imagine that.
              I agreed that it was a good speech. I just noted that it contained some dishonest statements.

Comment

• LR1955
                Super Moderator
                • Mar 2011

I agreed that it was a good speech. I just noted that it contained some dishonest statements.
                Wow!

Stan disagrees with me. Imagine that.

One day you will realize that violence in a society involves numerous variables. Tolerance of the killing of innocent life, the total destruction of the social order created by the family via 'Great Society' programs (welfare), ultra violent video games and their effect on the wiring of the brain, acceptance of violent crimes as a 'norm'; removing the belief in God from society. All tend to lead to the destruction of a society because the population loses a belief in their institutions and moral foundations.

If you want to debate the issue, debate violence and its root causes.

LR55

Comment

• rickOshay
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2012

LR55
                  Root causes! If you?re not familiar with Jordan Peterson - please look him up. Lots of YouTube posts regarding root causes, especially the lost state of our young males. Here is a taste:

Comment

• stanc
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2011

One day you will realize that violence in a society involves numerous variables.
                    One day? I realized that long ago.

Originally posted by LR1955
                    I wasn't looking to debate the root causes of violence (which doesn't really seem appropriate to Room 2A), but if someone wishes to start such a discussion/debate, I may participate.

Comment

• LR1955
                      Super Moderator
                      • Mar 2011

One day? I realized that long ago.

I wasn't looking to debate the root causes of violence (which doesn't really seem appropriate to Room 2A), but if someone wishes to start such a discussion/debate, I may participate.
                      Stan:

When the 2A debate involves the notion that my firearms must be confiscated under the delusion that they 'may' be stolen and used to slaughter innocent people, the debate must involve those social issues that lead to such violent acts within our society. The root causes of such violence in our society are an instrumental part of any 2A discussion that questions our right to own firearms because of crime.

LR55

Comment

• rickOshay
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2012

Our civil rights under 2A are threatened by those who claim gun control will prevent mass shootings. The causes of mass shootings is the debate we should be having.

Comment

• stanc
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2011

Uh, I hope you guys aren't waiting for me to start such a debate?

Comment

• montana
                            Chieftain
                            • Jun 2011

Comment

• LR1955
                              Super Moderator
                              • Mar 2011

And he doesn't have any recommendations on how to prevent mass these incidents of terrorism and murder.

Comment

Working...
                              X