• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bj139
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2017

Benchmade Knives destroying guns

Just saw this and thought I would share.
    Perusing Facebook today when I found this post from the Oregon City Police Department. I'm on my phone so I'm not gonna re-upload the pics, but you get the idea.

and this
  • kmon
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2015

I have no problem with them destroying the guns the police department ask them to, those would have been destroyed anyway by someone and they have the tools to do the job effectively.

The problem I have with them is their political contributions. I do not want my $ contributed to something I do not support. They do make very good knives but I will not buy another one.
    Last edited by kmon; 02-21-2019, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• keystone183
      Warrior
      • Mar 2013

Oregon law doesn't require the guns destroyed. However, my internet reading informs me the sheriff is an anti gun lefty who likes the pr of destroying them. And Benchmade apparently thought it would be a good idea to join in on the fun. Which, as they seem to like to donate to leftist gungrabbers, and then lie on top of it...... Fits pretty well. FBM

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

I always want to be very slow to close the door on those who have been allies, so I look for a high level of proof. I think that's only fair: "Give others a chance to defend themselves before you boycott them just as you would want others to allow you a chance to defend yourself before being boycotted."

On Twitter, some guy produced a graph showing Benchmade only donated to Democrats in 2018 and none to Republicans. Doesn't look good, but in fairness I had to ask: Did they donate to Democrat candidates because they were the most pro-gun politicians they could find in their liberal district, or did they pass over better pro-gun candidates in favor of the anti-gun candidates? That seems to be the heart of the issue.
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• SightedIn
          Warrior
          • Jun 2016

Comment

• SightedIn
            Warrior
            • Jun 2016

Just realized i meant PR Director, not marketing

Comment

• LR1955
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2011

Has anyone contacted Benchmade and ask their stance on the 2A and to explain the situation?

LR55

Comment

• TexHill
                Bloodstained
                • Jan 2019

The biggest issue is Benchmade giving money solely to anti-gun Democrats.
                When David met Goliath everyone else said, "He's too big to defeat". David said, "He's too big to miss!"

Comment

• bj139
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2017

Originally posted by TexHill View Post

The biggest issue is Benchmade giving money solely to anti-gun Democrats.
                  The CEO is in a tough spot for sure. He could be driven out of business by local regulations or driven out of business by his worldwide customers.
                  I wonder which side he will choose. Many businesses have moved from anti-rights areas in order to be in pro rights areas for just this reason.

Who first popularized the term, "Follow the money if you want to know the truth"?

Comment

• keystone183
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2013

There is no question who he chose. Benchmande not only lied about not making political contributions, but got caught red handed donating substantially to both in state and out of state anti2a dems. And no republicans. And that video is a laughable attempt to "clarify". Because we're all just too dumb to understand....

Comment

• TexHill
                      Bloodstained
                      • Jan 2019

I am a Benchmade customer - my daily carry is a model 9051 auto-opener - but I will never buy another Benchmade knife - I will encourage others not to buy their products either - because of their political contributions.
                      When David met Goliath everyone else said, "He's too big to defeat". David said, "He's too big to miss!"

Comment

• SightedIn
                        Warrior
                        • Jun 2016

Originally posted by TexHill View Post
                        I am a Benchmade customer - my daily carry is a model 9051 auto-opener - but I will never buy another Benchmade knife - I will encourage others not to buy their products either - because of their political contributions.
                        Second that

Comment

Working...
                        X