Predictably, Dick's Sporting Goods posts $150M loss after halting scary gun sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Predictably, Dick's Sporting Goods posts $150M loss after halting scary gun sales

Just read this, today, but I could have (and did) predict just such an outcome.

Dick’s Sporting Goods’ bottom line took a very big hit after halting the sale of assault-style weapons in response to the Parkland school massacre

The interesting thing, though, is that the company's boss, Ed Stack, doesn't seem phased at all. I guess that because the company stock prices haven't fallen, yet, he's ok with it. I suppose that Wall Street hasn't had time to respond to the news, being a weekend, and all.

The next few weeks might be telling, I think.
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?
  • kmon
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2015

Hopefully the market will catch on. Appropriately named store

Comment

• rabiddawg
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2013

I hope Levi’s is next.

Bought my first pair of wranglers yesterday
      Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Bayouhunter1960
        Bloodstained
        • Jan 2019

Comment

• papapaul
          Unwashed
          • Mar 2019

Dick's decline is probably inevitable. Amazon is kicking their butt. Also, I don't know if it is a factor, but I go to Sportsman's warehouse and Dunham sports instead of Dicks anyway. Dick's is no fun any more. Not that this has anything to do with anything..., but several years ago Dick's had a sale on Remington 700. ,223 26" heavy barrel. I had a Varmint Special in .223 back in the 70s and it was excellent. This new 700, I had to cut two inches off the barrel, re-crown it, and get a better stock in order to get it to shoot under 2". I don't know where Remington was getting their barrels, but they did the brand serious damage.

Comment

• FLshooter
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2019

Good!
            I been boycotting those dicks since 12-2012.What they did to Troy defense was nasty.

Comment

• Gusmeister
              Warrior
              • May 2017

Nothing wrong with following your beliefs and picking sides. But stockholders are about money, security and profit. I can only hope the stock holders will soon push Mr Stack to the waste can of stupid business decisions. Alienating a large part of your customer base (no matter your personal beliefs) has always been the mark of a fool.

Comment

Working...
              X