• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LR1955
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2011

Virginia Issue

Guys:

Seems to me that what is going on in Virginia 'trumps' the focus on a 'maybe, could happen sometime, not sure' "Trump Silencer Ban".

How about someone telling us what the Virginia Governor is proposing for gun bans and who or what organization(s) are standing up to him?

That way we may actually get a focus directed towards something tangible and direct ourselves towards the most likely threat to our rights.

If you post a link, this time I will insist you tell us why you think the information in the link is important.

LR55
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

I will post about this.
    Democrat Governor Ralph Northam, the same one who has a placed a picture in his med school yearbook page, of maybe(?as far as I can tell!) himself dressed as a KKK, the same Ralph Northam who calmly explained in a live Radio program how the doctor would kill a baby who survived an abortion born alive, now has a "wish list" of gun-law faves and called a special session of the Va legislature for July 9.

"Northam has proposed at least seven bills that have consistently failed in the Republican-controlled legislature, including universal background checks, bans on “assault weapons” and suppressors — which the Virginia Beach gunman used — and the ability of localities to regulate firearms in government buildings." -- https://www.dailypress.com/news/virg...607-story.html

Northam has called these "common sense" ideas.

The gunman, reported to have been of a [mid-eastern religion] and reportedly was facing disciplinary procedures at work, used 2 45-cal handguns, one of which had a suppressor. The building already was a "gun-free" zone. He had reportedly purchased the handguns legally, having thus passed the background checks.

I live in Va. My big comment to all of this is, since NONE of his proposals would have had any bearing on the shooting, therefore none of them are "common sense" ideas. It is completely contrary to the term "common sense" to advocate points that have no bearing on the tragedy being manipulated, and have demonstrated absolutely no usefulness towards the goal he is ostensibly seeking.
    O yeah, "assault weapons" are already banned in Va Beach.... and no assault weapon was used in this shooting.

edit to add: I am sure Patrick Henry (see below) - also a native Virginian, would be rolling over in his grave on all of Northam's preposterousnesses.
    Last edited by grayfox; 06-09-2019, 12:48 AM.
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• rwh
      Warrior
      • Jun 2014

I'm not worried about Virginia. They have a Democrat Governor and a Replican held general assembly. The republicans are backing mandatory minimum sentences and the governor wants the usual bans on "assault" weapons, background checks and also a red flag law and a ban on those deadly "silencers". The governor is sure to veto anything the assembly would pass. We have a similar stalemate with our "republican" president and a republican held senate. Wait until we get a democratic majority in the house and senate and a democrat or RINO president, then we can start to worry.

Comment

• stanc
        Banned
        • Apr 2011

Since Republicans control the legislature, is there reason to think that any of the Governor's proposed bills are likely to be passed?

Comment

• grayfox
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2017

Not sure how much backbone they have. In the past all those proposals have died in committee.
          So maybe they can keep that string going.
          "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
          X