• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Red Dawn
    Warrior
    • Nov 2016

Trump Do Not Ban Suppressors

7685D45E-C955-4368-AF90-F6334579E12E.jpeg

There is a petition started to tell Trump Do Not Ban Suppressors if you’re interested in signing it Click Here
    "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country." James Madison
  • Red Dawn
    Warrior
    • Nov 2016

This just came out today :
    The HEAR Act
    "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country." James Madison

Comment

• justonemorear
      Bloodstained
      • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Red Dawn View Post
      This just came out today :
      The HEAR Act
      Read it, not happy. What happened to them being unregulated, for hearing safety. A lot changed in 2 yrs, just like the rest.
      Guess I'll have them until they get them! Wonder what they think the buy back value is and are they going to reimburse the tax stamp?
      Last edited by justonemorear; 06-28-2019, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• Red Dawn
        Warrior
        • Nov 2016

Ha I wouldn’t hold my breath on $200 tax stamp return and they would gladly buy back at around 40% fair market value

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Honestly I think y'all are putting the horse before the cart.

If they do end up banning them, Ohhh well, it's not like your rifle or pistol won't work with out it lmao.

Comment

• Red Dawn
            Warrior
            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
            Honestly I think y'all are putting the horse before the cart.

If they do end up banning them, Ohhh well, it's not like your rifle or pistol won't work with out it lmao.
            You do understand what shall not be infringed means I hope !!

The local law enforcement or the feds should not be able to take them away if in fact you’re not a criminal or broken the law !! It’s a right that shall not be encroached on or taken away !!

Comment

• stanc
              Banned
              • Apr 2011

The local law enforcement or the feds should not be able to take them away if in fact you’re not a criminal or broken the law !! It’s a right that shall not be encroached on or taken away !!
              Despite the "shall not be infringed" wording, the Supreme Court has ruled that the government can place restrictions (and even prohibitions) on the right to keep and bear arms.
              Last edited by stanc; 06-29-2019, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• LR1955
                Super Moderator
                • Mar 2011

RD:

Scream about it all you want. Facts are facts. Fact is that the government can and has put restrictions on your right to keep and bear arms -- just like Stan has said here and in about a dozen other 2A threads that I eventually locked because people started arguing over who said what and word meanings.

I see this thread lasting another day at most.

LR55

Comment

• Red Dawn
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2016

Thanks guys just trying to be pro active at keeping our voice heard about not taking away our God given rights but letting others help us protect them by supporting it in numbers the gov can see and not deny.

Comment

• LR1955
                    Super Moderator
                    • Mar 2011

Thanks guys just trying to be pro active at keeping our voice heard about not taking away our God given rights but letting others help us protect them by supporting it in numbers the gov can see and not deny.
                    RD:

You don't have to apologize for insisting that our rights are not infringed upon by our government.

You don't have to apologize for posting the subject although I locked the two previous threads on the same topic.

Signing an on line petition is useless. If it serves a ten second sound bite on TV, the politician will use it. If it doesn't, it is ignored.

What does work is supporting candidates who have the same beliefs and ideals -- and who can win.

So, no need to apologize. Maybe look at the two threads I locked and you will see that this one would head down the same path.

LR55

Comment

• keystone183
                      Warrior
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
                      RD:

You don't have to apologize for insisting that our rights are not infringed upon by our government.

You don't have to apologize for posting the subject although I locked the two previous threads on the same topic.

Signing an on line petition is useless. If it serves a ten second sound bite on TV, the politician will use it. If it doesn't, it is ignored.

What does work is supporting candidates who have the same beliefs and ideals -- and who can win.

So, no need to apologize. Maybe look at the two threads I locked and you will see that this one would head down the same path.

LR55
                      LR:

God forbid we have a thread to bring awareness to the issue.

If it's about supporting candidates that support the 2a,then let's make people aware of where politicians stand.

Comment

• LR1955
                        Super Moderator
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by keystone183 View Post
                        LR:

God forbid we have a thread to bring awareness to the issue.

If it's about supporting candidates that support the 2a,then let's make people aware of where politicians stand.
                        KS:

Not debating what you are saying. Yes, bring awareness to the issue. Yes, I.D. the people who are in support of our beliefs and those who are against them too. Yes, support candidates that support what we believe.

No on folks who seem to ignore the fact that the Government can interfere with the 2A and any other of the Bill of Rights, has already done so for decades, and the courts have backed the government in most cases. That is the reality of today so arguing the point that the Government 'can't' is mute.

So far no one has made a case that owning suppressors is a right under the 2A. Maybe that ought to be a start point but instead we get arguments over the power of the government when it is pretty apparent they surely can ban suppressors.

Then there is the question if President Trump can ban them at all. So far it seems LRRP52 believes he can't because they are already under the federal firearms act (?). I tend to believe LRRP52.

If President Trump can't ban them but tries, the next question becomes what we can do about it and on line petitions are one way but are pretty much ignored. So, suggest better ways.

And finally -- no one on any of these threads on the subject has named politicians who believe we should be able to own and use suppressors without government interference so we can support them. You haven't either.

What I am sick of seeing here is guys screaming about how the government can't, when the fact is the government can and does, and then provide no rational course of action we can take to protect what we believe are our 2A rights.

LR55

Comment

• stanc
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
                          So far no one has made a case that owning suppressors is a right under the 2A. Maybe that ought to be a start point...
                          The 2A addresses the right to keep and bear arms. As defined by the National Firearms Act of 1934, silencers are firearms. Is that a good enough case?

Originally posted by LR1955
                          Then there is the question if President Trump can ban them at all. So far it seems LRRP52 believes he can't because they are already under the federal firearms act (?).
                          I don't share LRRPF52's confidence. Trump shouldn't have been able to ban bump stocks, either, since they are not machine guns as defined by the NFA.

Comment

• LR1955
                            Super Moderator
                            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stanc View Post
                            The 2A addresses the right to keep and bear arms. As defined by the National Firearms Act of 1934, silencers are firearms. Is that a good enough case?

I don't share LRRPF52's confidence. Trump shouldn't have been able to ban bump stocks, either, since they are not machine guns as defined by the NFA.
                            Stan:

Sure -- no problem.

You guys can get back to arguing with each other over who said what and when, now.

LR55

Comment

• DRandi
                              Bloodstained
                              • Jul 2013

Bottom line to all of this in simple terms is..... Just like why we get CCW permits and do self defense classes. If you can't defend it, you don't own it. I tell my kids this all the time. Bully comes up to you and says he's gonna punch you in the face if you don't hand over your lunch money.... if you can defend it, you don't own it. The constitution, bill of rights..... just pieces of paper. 2A, mere words. What to we tell liberals that espouse "just use non threatening words to bad guys...... same thing, just words that mean nothing if you can't back them up.

The only reason we can still "defend" the 2A, is cause we can still throw more money at it than the other guys, via lobbyist, jobs, economic sales.......

There's no such thing as "right's" in the world. It's merely what you can, and can not get away with. Just look at the news and the laws and rights broken and gotten away with on a daily basis in this country. What's right, what's wrong only exists in what you can convince the majority to believe.

Now with all of that said, yes Red Dawn I do agree with you. The flip side to making a court case about the right to own anything is if you lose. Then the precedent is set to work against you now and you ended up handing a victory to the gun grabbers that wasn't on the fore front of their radar.
                              A nice walk in the woods helps me relax and relieves tension....

The fact I'm dragging a shovel and a body should be irrelevant...

Comment

Working...
                              X