Attack on Floridian?s 2nd amendment rights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FLshooter
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2019

Attack on Floridian?s 2nd amendment rights.

I just received a letter from my local gun club.I?ll make it short.
    There is a Group called BAWN(ban assault weapons now).Started by Gail Schwartz,whose nephew was killed at the Parkland school shooting in 2017.
    BAWN proposes a ban on any semi automatic rifle that can take mags that hold over 10 rds.This includes everything from AR15 - Ruger 1022.
    They are wanting to put this on the 2020 general ballots.They need close to 800,000 signatures to make it happen.
    Last I knew,they were approaching 200,000 and close to 1/2 $million in donations.Very scary.
    If the ban happens,all those who already have these type of weapons,would be given a year to register.After that,if you are found with one,you would be charged with a felony.
    Libs say that in a recent poll,51% of Florida wants the ban.But,that means nothing.
    Being that AR15 is the rifle I enjoy shooting most.This has got me twisted up.
  • BCHunter
    Warrior
    • Jan 2018

Thanks for the update,....how does Florida law work, is it like ca where propositions are put on and if pass become law, or is there additional steps in the legislature,...to finalize the details if it gets passed?

Comment

• FLshooter
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2019

If it gets voted in by FL voters,it becomes a law.
      And if it becomes a law,I don’t need to register anything,because I don’t own any guns.I sold them all.Just like my bump stocks.

Comment

• stanc
        Banned
        • Apr 2011

Since you sold all your guns, there's no cause to get twisted up. With no guns, you can't go shooting...

Comment

• FLshooter
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2019

Originally posted by stanc View Post
          Since you sold all your guns, there's no cause to get twisted up. With no guns, you can't go shooting...
          Hold on now!
          I said””if it becomes a law”.

Comment

Working...
          X