• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phishfood
    Warrior
    • Jul 2017

Feds snooping around

Seems a little "1984" to me.
    Apple and Google have both been ordered by the US Department of Justice to share personal details like names, phone...
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

People keep referencing 1984 like is was real, LOL.

The process does not seem kosher, I will grant you that. Interestingly, ATN has been problematic in the past for when it comes to exporting NV/thermal technology overseas.

Don't know that ATN is the focus of their investigation, but that their stuff is again involved in this sort of issue is noteworthy.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• curtmini14
      Unwashed
      • Nov 2018

money talks and morals walk!

Comment

• Fess
        Warrior
        • Jun 2019

Then again, it might actually be an attempt to reduce the number of NV and IR scopes that our enemies will use to kill Americans.
        This is an interesting issue where American hunters want the latest and greatest technology, but then again, so do our enemies. For years, the US has "ruled the night" in armed conflicts. This advantage is being lost as more NV/IR devices become easily available and are smuggled out.

I don't have any friends currently serving in the Military (being in a retirement community has its disadvantages). Do many people on active duty see this as a problem, or is it a non-issue?

Comment

• LR1955
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Fess View Post
          Then again, it might actually be an attempt to reduce the number of NV and IR scopes that our enemies will use to kill Americans.
          This is an interesting issue where American hunters want the latest and greatest technology, but then again, so do our enemies. For years, the US has "ruled the night" in armed conflicts. This advantage is being lost as more NV/IR devices become easily available and are smuggled out.

I don't have any friends currently serving in the Military (being in a retirement community has its disadvantages). Do many people on active duty see this as a problem, or is it a non-issue?
          Fess:

It was and continues to be a big issue.

LR55

Comment

• Kswhitetails
            Chieftain
            • Oct 2016

I have no problem with our rulers deciding that we cannot sell and ship our sovereign advantage out of the counrty. I have no issue with our rulers detaining, investigating, and punishing those who break these laws. I do however have issue with our rulers dragging nets through our citizen's private transactions and information in an effort to make their job of finding and proving who breaks these laws easier. I am not guilty. You have no right to my information. You're getting bolder in your violations of my sovereign privacy, and that I have an issue with.
            Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

Working...
            X