• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bayouhunter1960
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2019

Virginia Bill introduced to ban high capacity magazines

With 86 Virginia counties declaring themselves as 2A Sanctuary counties. You would think a Democrat would get the message. The People of Virginia do not want magazine or gun bans.
    Delegate Mark Levine has introduced a Bill that would make High Capacity Magazine possession a felony with the definition of any magazine with capacity over 10 Rds. You would think Delegates that represent those 86 counties would kill the bill before it got any traction.

A bill put forward by Delegate Mark Levine (D) would make it a felony for citizens to possess mags holding more than...
  • Keef
    Warrior
    • Jun 2017

Yeah it sucks. We're doing everything we can to stop it. I think if something like this passes it will be temporary and be reversed next voting cycle....

I wish we could give NOVA to district of Columbia. Lol

Comment

• Daveycrockett
      Bloodstained
      • Dec 2019

If we could just get everyone out to vote that are actually worried now we may can get rid of the idiotic democrats

Comment

• lazyengineer
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Keef View Post
        Yeah it sucks. We're doing everything we can to stop it. I think if something like this passes it will be temporary and be reversed next voting cycle....

I wish we could give NOVA to district of Columbia. Lol

I'm unaware of any gun-restriction laws of the nature of magazine round limits or "assault weapon" style, ever being repealed. Ever. Some of them will grandfather if that's built into it, and sunset if that's built into. In extremely rare cases a judge may overrule it - rare. But I'm not aware of any legislative body ever able to successful overturn a ban of this nature.
        4x P100

Comment

• Growler
          Warrior
          • Jan 2019

Perhaps not yet.
          Definitely worth the effort!

Comment

• FLshooter
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2019

In FL,we have a liberal group called BAWN.Stands for Ban Assault Weapons Now.Started by Gail Swarts.She is the aunt of one of the victims at Stoneman Douglas high school in Parkland FL. They need just over 700,000 signatures in order to be able to put a vote to ban semi automatic rifles on the next Florida ballot.
            Was a little scary because they had a 100,000 signatures to start.But then they were told it Hass to be registered voters only. But then they were told it Hass to be registered voters only As far as I know they aren’t even at 110,000 yet, looks like they fizzled out.When I first found out, it was scary to me,it would put just about everything I like to shoot on the ban list.It would include 1022 Ruger also. And they would give you 90 days to register pre existing rifles.
            But,with republican governor DeSantis and office, I don’t think it’s gonna fly.DeSantis is a great Trump supporter and ex military. He supports the second amendment.

Comment

• mdram
              Warrior
              • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Bayouhunter1960 View Post
              With 86 Virginia counties declaring themselves as 2A Sanctuary counties. You would think a Democrat would get the message. The People of Virginia do not want magazine or gun bans.
              Delegate Mark Levine has introduced a Bill that would make High Capacity Magazine possession a felony with the definition of any magazine with capacity over 10 Rds. You would think Delegates that represent those 86 counties would kill the bill before it got any traction.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...t-gun-control/
              problem is those 85 counties dont have the population of the rest of them
              population rules, as we here in md well know
              just some targets for printing
              https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• TomSawyerNW
                Warrior
                • Nov 2015

Originally posted by mdram View Post
                problem is those 85 counties dont have the population of the rest of them
                population rules, as we here in md well know
                You are right. VA is going down the same black hole to join with MD, NY, IL, and CA where the highly populated cities control the ways of life of those in rural areas, a portion of the citizenry that's largely different from their city cousins. I'm excited about with the idea of sanctuary cities or counties, taken directly from the illegal immigration thing. If it can be legally done to protect illegals, then why not the same to protect the rights of U.S. citizens? Not saying that high capacity mags are written in the 2a, but then again, sanctuary cities or counties for illegals seems like a far greater stretch.

No matter what the answer, push-back is needed.
                If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

• mdram
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2016

this will eventually come to a head at SCOTUS

its just a matter of time

Comment

• Keef
                    Warrior
                    • Jun 2017

Originally posted by lazyengineer View Post
                    I'm unaware of any gun-restriction laws of the nature of magazine round limits or "assault weapon" style, ever being repealed. Ever. Some of them will grandfather if that's built into it, and sunset if that's built into. In extremely rare cases a judge may overrule it - rare. But I'm not aware of any legislative body ever able to successful overturn a ban of this nature.
                    What about the one from 1994? I know it expired, not repealed, but I still say it counts.

Comment

• lazyengineer
                      Chieftain
                      • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Keef View Post
                      What about the one from 1994? I know it expired, not repealed, but I still say it counts.
                      That would be the "sunset" provision mentioned. VA will have no Sunset.

My only hope is that by overshooting and choosing to be so heavily draconian in what they are shooting for, that enough D's from rural areas will realize they are DONE if they agree to vote for it.
                      4x P100

Comment

• mdram
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2016

maybe parts of rural va, and rural mad should get together and form our own state

Comment

• lazyengineer
                          Chieftain
                          • Feb 2019

Originally posted by mdram View Post
                          this will eventually come to a head at SCOTUS

its just a matter of time
                          While we continue to celebrate Trump's successful appointee's to the SC; to date I haven't been that impressed with the actual judgements that have been coming down.
                          4x P100

Comment

• mdram
                            Warrior
                            • Sep 2016

One of the most controversial gun control bills proposed in the Virginia General Assembly has been killed, while others passed out of committee on Monday morning.

sb 16 is gone

Comment

• TNhuntsman
                              Warrior
                              • Nov 2018

Yeah, could have been shelved for it's ugly sister, HB 961, which it looks like they will push for.

Comment

Working...
                              X