X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JASmith
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2014

Thanks montana, I indeed did not think of the connection between understanding firearms training and how folks might vote and govern as I typed.
    Last edited by JASmith; 02-08-2020, 09:29 PM.
    shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• montana
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
      Thanks montana, I indeed did not think of the connection between understanding firearms training and how folks might vote and govern as I typed.
      Like much needed civics classes, firearm safety and instruction training in high school," could prevent a lot of firearm accidents or false firearm knowledge" from impacting our society. It also doesn't infringe on peoples rights under our 2ndA. This is how a good discussion with good ideas can come to fruition. Again, great idea JASmith!

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

It's no more an infringement on 2A than required English classes are an infringement on the 1A. If anything it improves on your ability to both appreciate it, and to exercise it safely... whether via the pen (1A) or the sword (2A).
        I would say, take the class much like having to take PE. No one has to come out of it a marksman or anything.
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• LR1955
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2011

Guys:

This is turning into a fascinating exchange of ideas. I have a lot more faith in the 2A Forum now than before.

Thanks to you guys offering your insight and ideas.

LR55

Comment

• PNWTargets
            Warrior
            • Dec 2019

It is a slippery slope. I thought this was about the presidential election LOL.

Comment

• LR1955
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by PNWTargets View Post
              It is a slippery slope. I thought this was about the presidential election LOL.
              PNW:

Yep -- the content has changed but changed in a positive manner.

Sometimes we do let threads wander when we think they are worth maintaining.

When it is time to start a new thread based on how this one is going, someone will start one.

LR55

Comment

• JASmith
                Chieftain
                • Sep 2014

LR may be right about starting a fresh thread ? and the moderators are welcome to move my last few posts to that thread.

With apparent agreement among art least a few of us that mandatory firearms training will benefit the nation in multiple ways, we might want to turn to discussing how to make it happen.

We do know that getting there will be a challenge, but we might want to consider starting small in places where we think could get traction and plan to expand as the idea takes root..

The very first step might be to identify states and counties where high-school firearms training is permitted. Those might be where we lobby for a modest expansion of the permission to encouragement, and then making the training part of the diploma requirement.

An opt-out procedure like some states have for vaccinations will be important, however. I would also suggest that opting out must be preceded by the parents and students(s) attending a 1-3 hour course that presents the course along with how the training will help their child. E. g., what to do when a loose forearms is found.

We should also concurrently look at what major lobby organizations might be effective partners (leaders?).
                shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• LR1955
                  Super Moderator
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
                  LR may be right about starting a fresh thread ? and the moderators are welcome to move my last few posts to that thread.

With apparent agreement among art least a few of us that mandatory firearms training will benefit the nation in multiple ways, we might want to turn to discussing how to make it happen.

We do know that getting there will be a challenge, but we might want to consider starting small in places where we think could get traction and plan to expand as the idea takes root..

The very first step might be to identify states and counties where high-school firearms training is permitted. Those might be where we lobby for a modest expansion of the permission to encouragement, and then making the training part of the diploma requirement.

An opt-out procedure like some states have for vaccinations will be important, however. I would also suggest that opting out must be preceded by the parents and students(s) attending a 1-3 hour course that presents the course along with how the training will help their child. E. g., what to do when a loose forearms is found.

We should also concurrently look at what major lobby organizations might be effective partners (leaders?).
                  Joe:

Go ahead and start a new thread.

I will lock this one to assist in making sure that responses go to the new thread and not here.

LR55

Comment

• LR1955
                    Super Moderator
                    • Mar 2011

Closing the thread.

JAS and Montana are free to start a new one.

LR55

Comment

Working...
                    X