• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wethepeople
    Warrior
    • Jan 2020

NRA Files for Bankruptcy

Just heard the NRA has filed for Bankruptcy. The article on ZH says they are leaving NY? Plan to reincorporate in Texas. ZH is Zerohedge.com for those not familiar wishing to read the article.
  • Mesa1978
    Warrior
    • May 2015

Trade the BLM for the NRA. :wink

Comment

• PVBoom
      Warrior
      • Oct 2017

Its been what, at least 10 years its been known he had to go?

Comment

• LR1955
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2011

Guys:

Read the article. As I suspected, Chapter 11 is a pretty common way for businesses to get out of a bad situation faster than other ways. In this case the bad situation is having their HQ in a state whose government is psychopathically anti gun and anti 2A.

So, before you guys get worked up over this, read a couple of sources first.

LR55

Comment

• Wethepeople
          Warrior
          • Jan 2020

Yep, Chapter 11 is a common practice. May be a good lesson in how not to manage finances within the organization. My hope is they come back stronger and better without LaPierre, although I have doubts.

Comment

• grayfox
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2017

They've at least got a chance. Not saying anything one way or the other on their financial habits but when a govt with unlimited resources goes after you, best way to get out from under is chapter 11 and move.
            "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Wethepeople
              Warrior
              • Jan 2020

My understanding is NY State is planning to sue the NRA "for stealing millions from its members."
              I'm not a lawyer, does reincorporating in TX provide a jurisdictional advantage? I don't think NY State has unlimited resources. I thought their tax base was crumbling. At any rate, if this move takes heat from NY prosecutors off the back of the organization, that's probably a good thing.

Comment

• Popeye212
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2018

Upper Management there needs some serious restructuring.

Comment

• Razorback
                  Bloodstained
                  • Dec 2020

The NRA has been used as a personal piggy bank by "The Higher Ups" for decades. The NRA seems more interested in pissing off it's members by signing off on the Mulford Act, advocating for background checks and bump stock bans. The NRA has figured out decades ago that if true 2nd Amendment support ever came to fruition, the NRA would be out of businesses!
                  The only smart thing they have done is getting out of N.Y. which is a mystery why they ever were based their to begin with!

Comment

• LR1955
                    Super Moderator
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Razorback View Post
                    The NRA has been used as a personal piggy bank by "The Higher Ups" for decades. The NRA seems more interested in pissing off it's members by signing off on the Mulford Act, advocating for background checks and bump stock bans. The NRA has figured out decades ago that if true 2nd Amendment support ever came to fruition, the NRA would be out of businesses!
                    The only smart thing they have done is getting out of N.Y. which is a mystery why they ever were based their to begin with!
                    So, what pro 2A organization do you recommend?

LR55

Comment

• Brazz04
                      Warrior
                      • Aug 2018

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
                      So, what pro 2A organization do you recommend?

LR55
                      1000% https://www.firearmspolicy.org/ Follow @gunpolicy on insatgram for them. Also @fromtheguncounter on instagram for some great firearm info from a lawyer himself.

Comment

• PVBoom
                        Warrior
                        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
                        Guys:

Read the article. As I suspected, Chapter 11 is a pretty common way for businesses to get out of a bad situation faster than other ways. In this case the bad situation is having their HQ in a state whose government is psychopathically anti gun and anti 2A.

So, before you guys get worked up over this, read a couple of sources first.

LR55
                        Yeah.

What I heard or read today was, this is a simple way to try and clear away some lawsuit crap and reincorporate in a state that isn't actively hostile to their mission.

Comment

• Razorback
                          Bloodstained
                          • Dec 2020

The G.O.A., seems to be the only organization that when they make a public statement or defend the 2A community, I don't cringe or get a stabbing sensation in my back. They seem to be vocal on issues that need to be addressed, and are quite VISIBLE and have a presence when we are under attack!
                          The NRA and the hierarchy that seems to be in power regardless of who the president is due to a rigged Board of Directors and their back room "ELECTIONS", that make the Dominion guys blush; they have embedded themselves in like ticks...for life! This isn't anything new this has happened for decades, so it's members are as much to blame as the hierarchy, same can be said for the GOP as well!.
                          Gun Rights Organizations, like political affiliations are only as strong as the people who FUND them. Even though I total disagree morally, philosophically and politically, with Planned Parenthood, I do admire them on how they run their group. They never back down, apologize, or settle, they push the envelope until they got everything they want and MORE!
                          If.. any gun organization is going to be successful they have to match Planned Parenthood model. They have to engage in the battle of ideas and get into the culture war! unfortunately I do not see any Guns Rights group with any fire, or political and economical savvy! Add to that that the 2A community is LAZY and relies too heavily on others to to do the heavy lifting.

Comment

Working...
                          X