• montana
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

The push back begins..

• lazyengineer
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2019

Originally posted by kmon View Post
    This one will be hard to stop. Especially with the 53/47 Senate majority the Dem's will have on it. There will be 1 D defection (WV), and 3 R's will vote for it (the usual suspects).

Fight it as hard as you can, but yesterday they put us about 2 Trillion more in debt; including systemically racist provisions that penalize white farmers. This week, they are going to ram-rod this one through. Losing Georgia was very very expensive to this country.
    Last edited by lazyengineer; 03-11-2021, 05:42 PM.
    4x P100

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Dont care I'm not going to comply with it.

Comment

• lazyengineer
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2019

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
        An interesting point. The enforcement and even knowledge of the requirement wasn't that hard to do when limited to licensed gun stores (FFL's). Are they going to expect every American everywhere to know they have to go through a background check to sell a gun to your friend now? I can't imagine compliance is going to be very good. Compliance at the criminal element level will be non-existant of course. And most of those guns are sourced from direct theft, so you can't backtrack the seiral number to catch the originating gun-runner, since there rarely is a "gun runner" who legally bought them in the first place. In the end, I sort of expect this to achieve more harrassment of legal gun owners, than to actually make a dent on violent crime.

Maybe sane heads will prevail, but my faith is not high.
        4x P100

Comment

• dammitman
          Warrior
          • Dec 2012

can you imagine the complexity of an actual full blown gun registry? i mean when the terms come out of "universal background checks" they dont include the "all inclusive gun registry" that it would HAVE TO HAVE HAPPEN to make the universal background check part work. I cannot wait to hear from all the country when they are told they HAVE TO BRING ALL THEIR FIREARMS IN so the government can actually REGISTER THOSE FIREARMS AND NO OTHERS to them like their automobile. most this ignorant country of firearm owners really dont understant what registered is. way to many think that they bought a gun at a dealer store and its registered,,,,,,but many do understand that non NFA items are not registered but simply buyer is put thru a background check. When the citizens of these united states are told they will have to TRUELY REGISTER EVERY FIREARM THEY OWN, or if caught with a firearm NOT REGISTERED TO THEM and now are a felon,,,, thats when your gonna see some real problems,,,lol,,,,,

Comment

• lazyengineer
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2019

Originally posted by dammitman View Post
            can you imagine the complexity of an actual full blown gun registry? i mean when the terms come out of "universal background checks" they dont include the "all inclusive gun registry" that it would HAVE TO HAVE HAPPEN to make the universal background check part work. I cannot wait to hear from all the country when they are told they HAVE TO BRING ALL THEIR FIREARMS IN so the government can actually REGISTER THOSE FIREARMS AND NO OTHERS to them like their automobile. most this ignorant country of firearm owners really dont understant what registered is. way to many think that they bought a gun at a dealer store and its registered,,,,,,but many do understand that non NFA items are not registered but simply buyer is put thru a background check. When the citizens of these united states are told they will have to TRUELY REGISTER EVERY FIREARM THEY OWN, or if caught with a firearm NOT REGISTERED TO THEM and now are a felon,,,, thats when your gonna see some real problems,,,lol,,,,,
            I don't think that's what they are doing. They are making it a requirement to execute a background check when transferring the gun. As far as I know (haven't read it), they probably are doing so via existing systems which require record NON-retention; though I don't really know. I know there are a lot of organizations and youtube video creators who are motivated to get everyone excited; and so can overstate things. As far as I know (so far), this is not a defacto regestry system. Just a requirement to go through standard back-ground check. Though of course, standing by to be corrected if wrong.

It appears their strategy right now is to do death by a thousand cuts. If they pushed a national registry, that will be an ugly fight in the Senate. if they push a "reasonable" (cough cough) just back-ground check with no registry; that's an easier passage. To be followed up 2 weeks later by another insta-passed House bill; that will shoot for the registry option then.

If they tried doing a massive Assault Weapons TOTAL BAN right out of the bank, it would probably fail, and set the tone for nothing else to pass either. Doing it this way, gives them a successful Death by a Thousand Cuts, cut.
            Smart (unfortunately).
            4x P100

Comment

• Mike98632
              Unwashed
              • Feb 2021

Originally posted by dammitman View Post
              If caught with a firearm NOT REGISTERED TO THEM and now are a felon,,,, thats when your gonna see some real problems,,,lol,,,,,
              I assumed back in January the government was gonna make a felon out of me at some point. They've been trying to for years. I'm going with, your only a felon if you care.

They stole the keys fair and square and now they will do as they please. Regardless of that pesky Constitution.

Comment

• MrDraco
                Warrior
                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by lazyengineer View Post
                I don't think that's what they are doing. They are making it a requirement to execute a background check when transferring the gun. As far as I know (haven't read it), they probably are doing so via existing systems which require record NON-retention; though I don't really know. I know there are a lot of organizations and youtube video creators who are motivated to get everyone excited; and so can overstate things. As far as I know (so far), this is not a defacto regestry system. Just a requirement to go through standard back-ground check. Though of course, standing by to be corrected if wrong.

It appears their strategy right now is to do death by a thousand cuts. If they pushed a national registry, that will be an ugly fight in the Senate. if they push a "reasonable" (cough cough) just back-ground check with no registry; that's an easier passage. To be followed up 2 weeks later by another insta-passed House bill; that will shoot for the registry option then.

If they tried doing a massive Assault Weapons TOTAL BAN right out of the bank, it would probably fail, and set the tone for nothing else to pass either. Doing it this way, gives them a successful Death by a Thousand Cuts, cut.
                Smart (unfortunately).
                The big name democrats have already acknowledged that enforcement of the bill can not happen without a mandatory gun registration. That if the bill passes they will be able to use the excuse that registration is required for enforcement to bypass the whole law making process and create a registry without it ever having to go to the floor and be voted on by Congress.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                  Chieftain
                  • May 2016

Originally posted by MrDraco View Post
                  The big name democrats have already acknowledged that enforcement of the bill can not happen without a mandatory gun registration. That if the bill passes they will be able to use the excuse that registration is required for enforcement to bypass the whole law making process and create a registry without it ever having to go to the floor and be voted on by Congress.
                  That will have as much teeth as a Joe Biden Executive Order.

Chinese Virus!
                  Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• JASmith
                    Chieftain
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
                    That will have as much teeth as a Joe Biden Executive Order.

Chinese Virus!
                    ...and in the aggressively comliant folks will suffer while things get settled in the courts and legislative branches.
                    shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                    -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• Red*Lion
                      Warrior
                      • Apr 2020

And most of those guns are sourced from direct theft
                      Actually it is not. 80% of guns used by criminals are obtained from friends and family through straw purchase. Those found guilty of straw purchases are never prosecuted. The second most common way that criminals get guns is from buying them off the streets from other criminals. The guns are typically used in a crime and then sold to another criminal. Stolen guns used in crimes by the person that stole the gun is the third most common. This data was collected from incarcerated criminals in multiple studies.
                      Other stats include that less than 3% of gun used in crimes were purchased at a gun show.

Comment

• Red*Lion
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2020

This one will be hard to stop. Especially with the 53/47 Senate majority the Dem's will have on it. There will be 1 D defection (WV), and 3 R's will vote for it (the usual suspects).

Fight it as hard as you can, but yesterday they put us about 2 Trillion more in debt; including systemically racist provisions that penalize white farmers. This week, they are going to ram-rod this one through. Losing Georgia was very very expensive to this country.
                        The way I see it is that we have 20 rino traitors in the Senate. The 20 rinos that voted to confirm Merrick Garland are the traitors. 6 rino senators have already come out stating that they are not seeking re-election. 7 if you count Cocaine Mitch who is likely not to seek re-election. Not out of the realm for gun control to get 60 votes in the Senate with 10 being rino traitors. It is also not out of the question for the Senate to change the rules and make a simple majority good enough to pass legislation.

Comment

• dammitman
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Red*Lion View Post
                          The way I see it is that we have 20 rino traitors in the Senate. The 20 rinos that voted to confirm Merrick Garland are the traitors. 6 rino senators have already come out stating that they are not seeking re-election. 7 if you count Cocaine Mitch who is likely not to seek re-election. Not out of the realm for gun control to get 60 votes in the Senate with 10 being rino traitors. It is also not out of the question for the Senate to change the rules and make a simple majority good enough to pass legislation.
                          agreed,,,,,we are about to have a lesson shown to us,,,not taught a lesson,,,,a lesson shown to us

Comment

• ritepath
                            Unwashed
                            • Jan 2021

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                            Doesn't matter to them if you comply or not, they're playing the long game. They love you being a closet criminal, waiting to be turned in or caught. Added bonus: Your children won't have a choice...they will comply by default.

Comment

Working...
                            X