• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slappy
    Warrior
    • Feb 2014

Universal Background Checks??

“This bill will not make our communities safer. In fact, what it will do is cause law-abiding citizens to lose more of their Second Amendment rights.”--Rep. Jody Hice (R-GA)

I do not like what they are pulling while the deck is stacked!!!!
  • montana
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Slappy View Post
    https://ammoland.us7.list-manage.com...2&e=59a22b1e99

I do not like what they are pulling while the deck is stacked!!!!
    It is a back door method for gun registration, for future gun confiscation. Crime is not a concern, but another excuse to disarm citizens. They de fund the police while disarming the population. More crime, more excuse to disarm, register and ban firearms. Open borders, which increases illegal drug trade and human trafficking, no problem. Leftist rioting, burning, assaulting people, no problem. Release thousands of rapist, murders, child molesters, thieves, etc to prevent covid spread. no problem.. Walk into a store without a mask, off to jail.. Sell a buddy a semi auto firearm with a standard capacity magazine. off to jail... https://www.gunfacts.info/gun-policy...rime-and-guns/

Comment

• Red*Lion
      Warrior
      • Apr 2020

It is unenforceable. Any firearm that you currently own is out of the realm of the govt to track or know anything about. Unless of course if is an NFA item. You can easily loan and sell firearms that you already own without getting a background check as the govt has not idea who has them. No way for them to know if and when you sold a gun that you have owned for some time. It is newly bought firearms that will require a background check if you sell it, if you choose to comply that is. Police have not enforced this in CA and NY. It is unenforceable. Now if you get arrested for something that gets the police to seek a warrant and search your home, then you could be in some trouble.

Comment

• TomSawyerNW
        Warrior
        • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Red*Lion View Post
        It is unenforceable. Any firearm that you currently own is out of the realm of the govt to track or know anything about. Unless of course if is an NFA item. You can easily loan and sell firearms that you already own without getting a background check as the govt has not idea who has them. No way for them to know if and when you sold a gun that you have owned for some time. It is newly bought firearms that will require a background check if you sell it, if you choose to comply that is. Police have not enforced this in CA and NY. It is unenforceable. Now if you get arrested for something that gets the police to seek a warrant and search your home, then you could be in some trouble.

It's largely enforceable, make no mistake. Which gun shop do you know that would not follow this, once it becomes law? Background checks are already in place throughout the country. The real danger here is exactly what Montana states. In addition, this bill isn't just for background checks. Like many bills, it goes far deeper than the headliner with the devil being in the details. Already, I find people sometimes selling ammo privately but wanting it to go through an FFL (some people, not all). And make no mistake, ammo is or will become Democrats' big target n their push for extreme restrictions on gun ownership. The danger here is the incremental nature leading up to gun ownership becoming illegal in America. Several major cities such as NYC are very selective on who is prosecuted for gun related crimes. Democrats are out to destroy the 2nd amendment, and gun crime is the last thing on their mind. Inner city crime and murders are at an all-time high, and laws such as this will have no effect on that, but instead, will have a chilling effect on those of us who do follow the laws. When these laws are proposed, our complacency does nothing but help Democrats in their push to make guns illegal in this country. This proposed law goes well beyond simple background checks, and should be seen as the tip of the icebeg.
        If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

• Red*Lion
          Warrior
          • Apr 2020

Originally posted by TomSawyerNW View Post
          It's largely enforceable, make no mistake. Which gun shop do you know that would not follow this, once it becomes law? Background checks are already in place throughout the country. The real danger here is exactly what Montana states. In addition, this bill isn't just for background checks. Like many bills, it goes far deeper than the headliner with the devil being in the details. Already, I find people sometimes selling ammo privately but wanting it to go through an FFL (some people, not all). And make no mistake, ammo is or will become Democrats' big target n their push for extreme restrictions on gun ownership. The danger here is the incremental nature leading up to gun ownership becoming illegal in America. Several major cities such as NYC are very selective on who is prosecuted for gun related crimes. Democrats are out to destroy the 2nd amendment, and gun crime is the last thing on their mind. Inner city crime and murders are at an all-time high, and laws such as this will have no effect on that, but instead, will have a chilling effect on those of us who do follow the laws. When these laws are proposed, our complacency does nothing but help Democrats in their push to make guns illegal in this country. This proposed law goes well beyond simple background checks, and should be seen as the tip of the icebeg.
          I do not know of any lgs that would not enforce it. What is your point? My point is that lgs and background checks would not be necessary for any firearms that you own prior to legislation of this type going into effect. Govt has no idea where your firearms might be. With you, given to a relative, sold off, lost, destroyed, etc....You can easily sell or give these firearms off to family and friends without doing a background check. Any new firearms bought would be a different story.

Comment

• Wheelhorse
            Warrior
            • May 2014

Better know the buyer well if you sell something without a background check.

Selling to an undercover alphabet boy would not turn out well.

Comment

• Red*Lion
              Warrior
              • Apr 2020

Originally posted by Wheelhorse View Post
              Better know the buyer well if you sell something without a background check.

Selling to an undercover alphabet boy would not turn out well.
              I only sell to friends and family. If I was ever to look to sell to someone that I did not know, I would get a background check done.

Comment

• GREYBUFF
                Warrior
                • Nov 2018

It hasn't passed the Senate YET. It most likely will. BUT I wrote my lib senators about HR-1 and let them know some facts about guns and how I feel about this legislation. It may or may not help but if we don't start writing them and giving them a piece of our minds than we might as well go ahead and turn them in. This is how hitler did it.......
                I thought about selling my weapons back to the government, but after a thorough background check it was determined that the buyer has a long history of violence and is mentally unstable. Therefore could not pass NICS.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by GREYBUFF View Post
                  It hasn't passed the Senate YET. It most likely will. BUT I wrote my lib senators about HR-1 and let them know some facts about guns and how I feel about this legislation. It may or may not help but if we don't start writing them and giving them a piece of our minds than we might as well go ahead and turn them in. This is how hitler did it.......
                  It doesnt help.

But since you want to turn yours in to the feds, I will gladly take them off your hands for free now and save you the trouble. Dont forget all your ammo, mags and reloading supplys as well.

I need to feed the new toys.

Comment

• Red*Lion
                    Warrior
                    • Apr 2020

Originally posted by GREYBUFF View Post
                    Hitler did not disarm the German people. The British did. They insisted that the German populace was disarmed following WWI.

Comment

• TomSawyerNW
                      Warrior
                      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Red*Lion View Post
                      I do not know of any lgs that would not enforce it. What is your point? My point is that lgs and background checks would not be necessary for any firearms that you own prior to legislation of this type going into effect. Govt has no idea where your firearms might be. With you, given to a relative, sold off, lost, destroyed, etc....You can easily sell or give these firearms off to family and friends without doing a background check. Any new firearms bought would be a different story.
                      Maybe I misunderstood. But even if you have guns not already purchased through an FFL, to sell to someone other than a trusted friend or family member, it would eventually become registered in some type of record system. But I agree, it wouldn't need to become part of the system if it goes to someone you trust, not different than today. In 2 years, if we as gun owners and conservatives cannot figure out how to bring the Repubs back into the majority in the House and Senate, then we deserve whatever the Democrats wish upon us.
                      If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

• grayfox
                        Chieftain
                        • Jan 2017

All of that, yes.
                        But we also need to find some people who can work the court system to get some results as well.
                        Somehow -- SOMEHOW -- the libs always seem to get courts to work in their favor. TOOOOOOO Many Times.
                        We need to figure out that part of this struggle.
                        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                        X