• Show
Clear All
  • LR1955
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2011

Ukraine

Guys:

Precisely why the 2A was developed.

I bet that if Ukraine forces the Russians out that they will enact some sort of law that will be very close to our 2A.

Also bet the Ukranian government wished they had an armed populace before this invasion by Russia.

Ukrainian citizens lining up to get an assault rifle and ammo so they can fight.

Not lost on me but I bet not one anti gunner gets it.

LR-55
  • biodsl
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2011

Perhaps a fact-finding committee to Switzerland is in order.
    Last edited by biodsl; 02-28-2022, 12:00 AM.
    Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Bigs28
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2016

Everyone should be able to defend themselves.

Comment

• montana
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2011

The 2ndA had been an outdated concept for many people until the last few years when society broke down in certain parts of the country, the pandemic and now with the invasion of Ukraine nobody really believed would happen. I noticed with a raised eyebrow how fast gun laws were forgotten when the survival of the government was at risk. What this should teach people who love freedom is to never give up their right to bear arms and the importance of training with those arms..The other lesson shows what a determined, motivated armed population can do against an overwhelming force.. This is why tyrants hate a well armed, self sufficient population..I can say without hesitation, I would not want to be the one forced to chase Montana hunters out of the woods..
        Last edited by montana; 02-28-2022, 01:43 AM.

Comment

• biodsl
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by montana View Post
          I can say without hesitation, I would not want to be the one forced to chase Montana hunters out of the woods..
          Wolverines!
          Paul Peloquin

Comment

• biodsl
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by montana View Post
            The 2ndA had been an outdated concept for many people until the last few years when society broke down in certain parts of the country, the pandemic and now with the invasion of Ukraine nobody really believed would happen.
            My nephew came over to introduce his new girlfriend. Over the course of the conversation he admitted "Listening to you and Dad talk about gun ownership when I was a kid, I used to think you guys were sort of nuts." He's come around to our way of thinking over the last two years.
            Paul Peloquin

Comment

• montana
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
              My nephew came over to introduce his new girlfriend. Over the course of the conversation he admitted "Listening to you and Dad talk about gun ownership when I was a kid, I used to think you guys were sort of nuts." He's come around to our way of thinking over the last two years.
              Comes with the territory when you understand history and human nature. Idealistic beliefs vaporize quickly when the wolf is at your door...

Comment

• 41bear
                Warrior
                • Jan 2017

The enemy has always been at the gate. When they can mandate what you have to wear on your face the sky is the limit as to what they can/will do. Our only course is to use the system against them and never forget that our very freedom is at stake. From the very moment our children walk into their first class we must be on guard. Complacency is our down fall so always be on guard
                "Wild flower, growin' thru the cracks in the street" - Problem Child by Little Big Town

Comment

• grayfox
                  Chieftain
                  • Jan 2017

I forget who said it but "eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."
                  I've also been reminded of back when I was a kid, we had "civil defense" groups, volunteers, kind of ad-hoc but they were set up at a local community level. My dad was part of it (CB radio, medical training, etc). Kind of wonder why we don't seem to have any of these now, at least that I can find. Not "national guard" as those can be called up by the Feds (subject somewhat to governors true...), perhaps like the idea floated around here couple of years ago when the 2A was under assault by governor baby-killer-Northam: a sheriff- associated group, deputized as it were. A legitimate local group that can train and develop some local comm's skills and such. We just moved out here couple of years ago and don't know as many like-minded locals as I'd like. They are out here, just don't know them much.
                  Having some local group cohesion would be a big help in times like that.
                  "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• TomSawyerNW
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2015

Just for the record, I agree with everything posted here.
                    If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                      Super Moderator
                      • Sep 2014

Last edited by LRRPF52; 03-01-2022, 03:47 PM.
                      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• LRRPF52
                        Super Moderator
                        • Sep 2014

In just a few short years, we have been shown every reason why the Founders solidified the 2A in the Bill of Rights as a recognition of the inalienable right to self-protection, whether it be from Marxist thugs trained to burn down the system, heavy-handed governments enforcing BS lockdowns for huge corporate interests, or invading armies and subversives.

The daily run-of-the-mill criminals go without saying, but strangely are the least harmful and easily-defeated.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• LRRPF52
                          Super Moderator
                          • Sep 2014

Guess where these photos where taken and under what circumstances they were:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Zeneffect
                            Chieftain
                            • May 2020

- Not appropriate here -
                            Last edited by LRRPF52; 03-02-2022, 03:04 AM.

Comment

• Zeneffect
                              Chieftain
                              • May 2020

^fair, twas a bit vulgar. Know you had a chuckle though

Comment

Working...
                              X